HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I really knew what the problem was - a combination of a week of early shift,up at 04.30 every morning including the day I drive to the caravan and the medication I am on.

Was probably hoping someone would suggest a magic "pill" - a legal one I meant

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

The RAC, AA and every police force in the country recommend half an hours kip if feeling tired.

We all think we can do it dont we, I will be alright, have another coke, smoke, put the air con on, open the windows, suck a sweet, eat some food, turn the music up, caffine, speed, legal speed (In every NON DROWSY product), pro plus, nicotine, red bull, lucozade, chocolate ETC ETC ETC ETC - all short term solutions.

YOU ARE INCHARGE OF A LETHAL WEAPON

no matter what or where you are driving tiredness can and does kill.

THE ONLY CURE FOR TIREDNESS IS SLEEP

I drive to Cornwall in the early hours and drive back in the early hours every year and have done so for years.

In that time I have seen some ugly sites I never want to see again.

Most probably caused by tirdness as most in the early hours or the morning.

The 360 - 430 mile (depending on route) drive takes me around 6 hours at an average speed of 80mph but we ALWAYS have at least one half an hour stop and if I feel tired I WILL stop again.

I stop to take a cat nap then have a walk and a few rolls with a cup of tea then a cup of coffee.

For the whole journey I have a supply of coke, water, sweets, a mars bar and some crisps.

Legal drugs that quote "Do not drive or use machinery" on the instructions mean what they say.

By driving under the influence of them YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW

Snatcher, talk to your GP before you kill somebody including yourself.

[ 17. May 2005, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Cheers good advice Rudd.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Snatcher:

Cheers good advice Rudd.

Thats Ok snatcher :D

Not having a direct pop at you.

How many accidents are caused by tired drivers?

How many of them drivers have an accident involving the death of others but escape with hardly a scratch?

Anyhows :

I have learnt the hard way.

I have fallen asleep THREE times behind the wheel (twice coming back from Cornwall during the day WITHOUT a rest stop) and been woken up by them lovely rumble strips at the side of the motorway.

Now I have my own kids I am much more cautious in my approach to every aspect of life including driving. In the car they add further distraction and stress (one reason I travel in the early hours - THE KIDS SLEEP THROUGH THE JOURNEY) to myself further affecting concentration span.

Thanks to the kids I drive a bit slower, with more caution and HAVE to take breaks for their toilet needs, food needs etc etc.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Obviously the answer is to not drive tired. But when I've found my concentration going, a good tip is to tune in to a really farty old radio station. One that plays all the old stuff so that you know the words. Then sing along at the top of your voice. If you have the window down, you may want to stop singing when you're at the lights!