Fireworks

Elton

Guest Ferret1959
awaaar:

"wouldn't ban them would ya?"

yes! - and also I'd ban people called Dave!

towerconcert.jpg

:D:D:D

[ 04. November 2004, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, touched a nerve here too!

Personally I think they should be banned for public sale & use & you should have to go to a proper organised event. There are too many people & animals mamed each year by the misuse of fireworks. Even people who don't set out to misuse them can mame or kill themselves.

I was at a "proper" organised display many years ago when one of the firework lighters (sic) dropped his lighting device (sic) into a box of display rockets about 20 yards from us. Needless to say chaos ensued & a pregnant women was hit in the stomach by a display rocket, thankfully it wasn't that serious.

Trouble is where I live bonfire night seems to start the 1st week in October & doesn't end until 2 weeks after November 5th.

Ban em I say!

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

Guest Ferret1959

Lets ban fishing hooks and line.

They kill and injure birds and animals.

You folk who talk about banning fireworks obviously walk round with your eyes shut.

It's not the fireworks, fish hooks, line etc, it's the people who don't treat them in the manner they should.

Why ban something when hundreds of thousands enjoy them?

It seems to me that the only people who buy the things are young chavs. And the only reason they buy them is to be as anti-social as they can. And what is hilarious is that is probably people like me who pay for them (indirectly). I hate them. Ban them.

Create an environment where you can get things banned, and one day you will get banned yourself.

People hurt and kill things, inanimate objects don't.

The loudest and cheapest bangs are the bird scarers that agricultural supplies stores sell.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net