PETA right for once?

Dan

Originally posted by Andy Macfarlane:

[QB] Suddenly my piles feel much better... :(

I'm told that larval therapy is not at all unpleasant and that patients are only aware of a slight tickling sensation as the greenfly maggots (bred in sterile conditions)happily mop up their necrotic tissue. It's done wonders for the treatment of infected pressure sores, apparently...

DJMCJERICO:

Not going to even bother watching it, it's a waste of time with these idiots.

They wont be happy untill everybody eats only dirt and keep's only rocks as pets.

I think you misunderstand the mindset of these people; getting everything they want won't make them happy, not in the long run. I'm convinced that they're driven by the basic need of some humans to disapprove of their fellow man and try to make him change his ways. Whether this helps them fill empty lives or just bolsters their self-esteem by feeling superior, I don't know.

They are driven by the same faulty wiring in the brain that produces bigots and religious fundamentalists. They really need therapy for their deep rooted need to be argumentative and aggressive. If their cause wasn't so-called animal rights, it would inevitably be some other form of extremism.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Rule number 1: know thine enemy.

Rule number 2: Just because they are wrong about some things doesnt make them wrong about everything.

Rule number 3: You dont have to have faulty wiring to agree with some things they say and not all their supporters are animal rights terrorists!

As I have said before there is a frequent contradiction on these forums, we have a good post about being careful not to touch mackeral (a creature with no pain receptors) so they dont become injured and die if you return them. Yet there are some who think its ok to let an Aussie farmer cut chunks of flesh off a sheep with a pair of shears and no anesthetic!

If you havent read the article this "procedure" is to remove the folds of skin these sheep have which provide a breeding ground for the maggots. Alternatively they could breed different sheep, or take better care of the ones they have, but as they are marino wool producers they get more money for this wool. Hence its about profit not welfare. Just like our factory chickens.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com