how do i make a good spod mix

matt.b.

hi

how do i make a good spod mix ???

Depends what to you is a good spod mix. What do you want it to do - i.e. breakdown quick or slow etc ?

My advise is to find a commercial version that you like (and even more importantly works) and then replicate it.

I tend to just use hemp and groats personally but I know different people use different mixes.

Rob.

I'll tell you what could be a handy accessory, and that's the Korda Krusha.

When I first saw it on a website, I thought, "Whatever next?" And then I realised that it would actually be quite handy. Ages ago, I bought a big grinder that is set up in my shed. I also have a blender that I use when making particle mix.

However, if you wanted to grind something up on the bank, or even in smaller quantities at home, this would be ideal. Pour on boiling water, wait a couple of hours, tops, and you're there.

You can see them here and a vast array on Ebay here.

Doesn't really help with your mix ingredients, but may help you or others making your own.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I use a mix of hemp, tares, maize, a little Vitalin and some liquidised bread (to generate a cloud). I use the water that the particles were cooked in with the additive of a little tiger nut juice. the quicker the breakdown I want, the more of the particle juice goes into the mix.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I'll tell you what could be a handy accessory, and that's the Korda Krusha.

When I first saw it on a website, I thought, "Whatever next?" And then I realised that it would actually be quite handy. Ages ago, I bought a big grinder that is set up in my shed. I also have a blender that I use when making particle mix.

Elton, o/t but how big is the Krusha(how much can you do at once?)

Also I've been looking for ages for a reasonably priced or secondhand big blender or crusher for doing liquidised bread . Does yours fit the bill? I use a lot & the regular kitchen ones are too small.

Hi Jim,

I've not seen the Krusha in the flesh, so couldn't say - there are two sizes, I believe.

I reckon you'd need a blender, rather than a crusher for bread - I'd try the industrial kitchen section on Ebay if you want something bigger than a domestic one (how much bread can one man use?!! :D)

I'm, literally, just off out for a few hours, but will get the name of my manual grinder tomorrow (it's in the shed). There is a post about it somewhere here, but I can't find it in a hurry. It's great for grinding up seeds and nuts.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE