Hurray its almost the bank holiday and I have my passport and visa stamped!

RUDD

As regulars will know I had a new arrival a month ago.

As most of us have a four day holiday coming up the missus has stamped my passport and given me a visa for half a days maggot drowning!!!!!!!!!

A mate of mine fished the water and peg I had in mind today and bagged up on bream, roach, perch, chub and a 5lb stillwater (inherited) barbel.

The bloke next to him had crucians, a tench and some rudd.

All week anglers have had plenty of sport.

WE DO HAVE A KEEPNET BAN FROM 1st MARCH UNTIL 1st JUNE for obvious reasons.

I hope I have a good day but just getting out is going to enough for me.

I am going for either the pole or waggler (probably both) approach as I do like to watch a float!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red maggot or pellet have been doing the biz and I can try out my new pellet mix (strekker course fish, betain, trout, scopex, strawberry, amino, VDE carp, fish stim, all either 2,3 or 4mm)

good luck to anyone else going for a thrash over the holiday and happy Easter to all.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I'm off to the carp ponds at Butlers Hill Farm, tomorrow. My daughter and I will have three rods out, one with hair-rigged boilie, one with feeder and pellets and one with feeder and maggots. The aim is to catch a double, or anything else interesting, such as that big chub we caught on our last visit. I'm debating whether I want to mix up some groundbait, with the addition of Ultrabite, this evening: it worked well, last time, but the smell lingered on! Good luck to you, Rudd, in your quest, and to anyone else setting out at daybreak!

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Guest sslatter

Yep, have a good time Rudd. I've also got my visa, and tomorrow will be in "Barry's Hole" fishing the up tide, and then off to the "Concrete Sofa" to fish an hour of the high. Can't wait!

Best of luck.