Rick Stein fishing for Pike tonight...

bingo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

enough, i cant stand the talk of eating my favorite fish any longer, talk about eating carp instead, dont they purge carp to get rid of their muddy taste? japs and chinks rate carp as good fodder dont they, youd only have to nip down to the local carp puddle for an hour to fill the freezer for a month!

calm down zed! carp is another popular fish around the world, i've eaten it in hong kong and poland, not that i'd bother having it again. most nations don't have these double standards (and thats not a personal dig ) about eating coarse fish rather than game or sea fish, seems to be only us brits. never been sure why

zedhead:

enough, i cant stand the talk of eating my favorite fish any longer, talk about eating carp instead, dont they purge carp to get rid of their muddy taste? ....

A piker at a local lake recommended cutting your pike crosswise like salmon steaks and soaking them overnight in strong salted water, to get rid of the muddy taste. He reckoned they end up with a nice firm texture like monkfish or scampi. Mmmmmm .... yum. Must try it one day.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Carp are quite nice if you serve them with a basil/tomato and garlic sauce. Guess you could have a big dinner party if you cooked a 50+ carp. Wot you recon??

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I quite like the idea of eating food that i catch fish or otherwise, which may be a bit odd coming from an ecology student, however if we all kept our catch there would be no fish left in a week. It is strange how us brits dont eat our coarse fish and even some sea fish, that other nations/cultures thrive upon, conger springs to mind and obviously carp, zander etc. is it because we have evolved past that need to kill everything in england as apposed to under developed nations such as china, spain, greece and portugal where the attitude is very much 'if it moves kill it'.