Spectacle wearers and polaroids

Rusty

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

glasses retailers are deliberately restricting your eyesight :angry:

they are probably co conspiring with insurance companies so you cant read the small print

I must admit that Chesters posts of late have lacked that 'something'.

Like a caricature of Chesters rather than the real thing :(

But I enjoyed that post.

A classic Chesters!

Good to see him returning to top form again :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Does any one know if there is such a thing as clip on's for childrens sized classes

Dales wears glasses and is colour/colourless blind and he struggles to see the float in anything but dull water.

His lense measures around 20mm deep by 40mm wide. Can only find "SMALL" on ebay etc which are 40 x 50 which i believe are small adults and would be too big.

Any suggestions?

Colour his float tips black. Black stands out best in most conditions and he must be able to differentiate black at least. I know that's not the answer you were after but it'll certainly help.

BTW...did you ever write a poem called 'The Pikeman'....??? (nothing to do with Mr. Barrett)

I'm asking because a member from another forum (sure he was a Dale's Dad too) wrote an amazing poem about pike fishing and it was so elemental and encapsulating but I lost it when my comp went down a few years back and I never found it again.

....Andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I love my Cocoons – they're much more effective than any of the clip-ons I've ever tried. In fact, I love them so much I bought a spare pair. I'm now considering buying a spare pair in case I lose my spare pair.

I love my Cocoons – they're much more effective than any of the clip-ons I've ever tried. In fact, I love them so much I bought a spare pair. I'm now considering buying a spare pair in case I lose my spare pair.

Yes I used them for the first time last weekend and they worked well (didn't see any bloody fish though). My specs have a bar between the tops of the lenses as well as one at the bridge of my nose so the Cacoons don't fit over perfectly but they fit well enough. I'd have to buy the monster size to fully enclose my specs and I'd look like a fly so the ones I have will do fine.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

BTW...did you ever write a poem called 'The Pikeman'....??? (nothing to do with Mr. Barrett)

I'm asking because a member from another forum (sure he was a Dale's Dad too) wrote an amazing poem about pike fishing and it was so elemental and encapsulating but I lost it when my comp went down a few years back and I never found it again.

....Andy....

Sorry not me, can't write poems for toffee!

Bugger....again.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

As I understood it when I looked into having this done laser treatment can cure short sightedness (i.e. inability to see long distances) but does not tackle long-sightedness (inability so see short distances), which is what people usually suffer from as they get older.

Interesting new laser technique for oldies

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2009/jul...-laser-cure-amd

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust