one month to go

Peter M

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi clax_clax and welcome to AN,

Its probably a stupid question but what is the stour like near you. Is it a fast shallow river or is it a slow deep one. I ask because personly I would fish them in very different ways. If it is shallow then I would probably go out on a damp night and pick up a few big black slugs and would go stalking them with freeline tactics, Can't be beaten!!

If its a slow river then I would probably go armed with a maggot feeder or a stick float.

These tactics would work on both rivers but this is what gives me the most enjoyment.

Good luck

I personly will be fishing on the river lugg in hereford for some nice barbel.

Effort equals reward!!

Well, there are fast moving, shallow parts of stour, but ther place where i have been looking at recently is a weir and seems to be prett deep, i will probably o with the float, i was just wondering what the leger would be like though?

KAPS have a lovely stretch of the River Beult near Yalding I think I will be giving that a go, there are some very big Chub in there.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I dont think it would be much better than the float unless it is being pushed around by the current unnaturaly. I think a large lob worm drifted around under a float would score well.

Dont forget breadcrust in the warmer months as the chub will happily take this off the surface.

Effort equals reward!!

Oh rite i have tried worm many times before but never really had any good results, apparently if you inject a worm with air with a syringe or summik before you hook it it makes the worm wriggle madly and fish cant resist apparently,

i have never tried it myself, i haven't got a clue where to get a syringe from either!

Iv'e never tried it either, Could try a chemist. Very surprised that worm fails to catch though. Maybe if you loosfed some maggots around the float to draw in the minnows im sure the chub/perch wouldnt be far behind.

Effort equals reward!!

yeah, i will try that, i think i read that tip on http://www.maggotdrowning.com

I always struggle with worm wherever i fish, i don think i am doin anything wrong with them, just the fish dont seem to want the,, sweetcorn is the best bet round our area really, in summer stillwaters anyway.

What other baits/methods could i use to boost my success rate?

Clax, the Tackle Box do a syringe kit I believe.

http://www.tacklebox.co.uk/

Just be careful when injecting the worm or whatever else you are injecting as air into your bloodstream will kill you if you are not careful, I don't know how old you are and if you are aware of the dangers so please don't feel insulted if you already knew.

James