one month to go

Peter M

Well today is May 16th and it is only a month to go until the river season opens for coarse fishing. What plans do people have for the coming season on flowing water? Will you fish the same places you fished last year? Are you going to try any thing new?

Last year I fished fishers green on the river lea and caught my first barbel. However, I have decided not to renew my membership on the RMC water and will try a small stretch of the Essex Blackwater. As last year I will still fish the river stort but might try the stretch near sawbridgeworth, which I haven’t fished before. I also plan to go again to the Hampshire Avon but will try fly fishing there for the first time as well as at home for trout and chub.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears that my wife has booked a holiday abroad for that week

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I plan to explore the Dane, the Ribble and the Dee.

All new rivers to me, so I am really looking forward to discovering their various delights.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I hope to try for a barbel this season on a river somewhere :)

I don't even know where to start though so if anyone has plans to go on a nice stretch of river that has loads of barbel in let me know :)

James

Elton:

It appears that my wife has booked a holiday abroad for that week :(

you'll be able to tell her all about your weeks fishing when she gets back then won't you?

Peter M:

Well today is May 16th and it is only a month to go until the river season opens for coarse fishing. What plans do people have for the coming season on flowing water? Will you fish the same places you fished last year? Are you going to try any thing new?

Last year I fished fishers green on the river lea and caught my first barbel. However, I have decided not to renew my membership on the RMC water and will try a small stretch of the Essex Blackwater. As last year I will still fish the river stort but might try the stretch near sawbridgeworth, which I haven’t fished before. I also plan to go again to the Hampshire Avon but will try fly fishing there for the first time as well as at home for trout and chub.

Hi Peter, I was looking at joining the RMC for Fishers Green as the rest of the Lea doesn't look that appealing where I am ! What other rivers are around that I could fish ? (I'm in Walthamstow btw)

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Fishers green is probably the best for barbel as it is a fast flowing section that comes off the navigation. I agree most of the lea looks like a canal but thre is a nice flowing section on a day ticket that runs next to enfield lock. never fished it myself but it is supposed to be good. look further below.

http://www.lee-anglers-consortium.co.uk/

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I shall be on the Teme, Warks Avon and the Severn, mainly the Teme and Severn though. I have joined a new club on the Teme which has some cracking stretches and I just cannot wait. I shall be trying a new stretch on the Severn and sticking with it all season as I know there are some big Barbel just waiting for me.

Paul