Keyboard problems!

Fastd

I have a minor key board problem...although it may be a major one...i'm not too sure!

I own a laptop and an oven ready african grey parrot called bobby....

Bobby likes to chew things...unfortunatly my laptop was one of the things he decided were of interest. Net result I lost several keys, most of which have been recovered but I have lost one ...the ALT/GR key.

The question is ...what the heck does this key do ...I cant ever remember using it...i have never been asked to press it...but laptop manufacturers think it is important enough to put two of them on what is a very limited space on a laptop. Its a "time" laptop (so bang goes my warranty) if this is a manufacturer specific thing.

Whats the alt/gr key for ?

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Parrots see things as one of two things..its either food or chewable. Some things are expendable...as it seems is the alt gr key as its an alternative for the crl key so I have 3 spares :)

Buying a parrot has been one of the best things I ever did ...its cheaper than another child...the affection he gives is worth the time you have to spend to make him happy...he is a part of the family and will probably outlive me as they have a life expectancy of over 40 years.

Thanks pass the biscuits ...and welcome to the forum...i wondreed what it id as I have nver used it...and never will under the circumstances :)

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

I`ve got an African Grey thought it would be a great idea as a companion for my wife, while i`m on 1 of those long fishing trips.

How wrong i was!!

I now have 2 nagging voices both sound like my wife.

At least the parrot cant use the phone!!!!

If you can lie on the floor without holding on, then you’re not drunk.

I Can Only Please One Person A Day, Today Isn't Your Day, Tomorrow Isn't Looking Good Either.