LURES FOR ZANDER, PERCH AND PIKE

Chub Frenzy

There is no single lure that is really good for all three of those species since their habits and preferences are different.

You can either use a lure that specifically targets one and hope for an occasional take from one or both of the others or else settle on a compromise lure that is pretty good for all three.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I usually fish for Pike and nowadays, with deadbait. Never really been a fan of lures although they're less smelly :lol: All three species are different yet alike in other ways. In-fact, in my opinion the Zander seems to be the lovechild of a frisky Perch and unsuspecting Pike.

I've never caught a Zander but would love to <_< Predatory fish obviously go for fish and as Roach is a favourite snack, anything resembling them is good. I would guess that as long as it would fit in the smaller mouth (Perch) you'll be fine. Pike will go for an easy target so size doesn't always matter and I'd assume it's that way for Zander.

It has to be said though, this is my opinion only :)

P-J

I am the one that got away! (From the men in white coats)

smallish jigs will work for all three things like the now discontinued chubby shad (have a look at matzuo) spinners possibly although i can t recall much about zander on them but they take chub pike and perch.

dare i mention it fly fishing.....

Lost in the 'missing post' saga but I'll have another go. It was a long post and I'm well annoyed it disappeared.

Ahem.....it went something like this. Make a cuppa because this is a long 'un.

It went...... "Big 'S' type alphabet lures will take all 3 species"

Phew....I need a rest after all that.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Lost in the 'missing post' saga but I'll have another go. It was a long post and I'm well annoyed it disappeared.

Ahem.....it went something like this. Make a cuppa because this is a long 'un.

It went...... "Big 'S' type alphabet lures will take all 3 species"

Phew....I need a rest after all that.

i thought i had read that earlier to be honest, and was sure id stuck a reply on

If you had read Elton's Massively Lettered Announcement Called "Missing Posts" at the top of the menu, all would have become clear.....well.....to some anyway.

Dopey kid....lol.... ;)

....Andy....

Even that seems to have gone now. Elton.....what are you up to?

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...