Leaping Sea Trout

Gillies

Was out for a walk tonight taking photos, surprisingly there was a pretty energetic Sea Trout jumping about at the mouth of a river - didnt have correct lens on camera (was taking landscapes) but decided to try and get a photo of it jumping - which was VERY hard, poor light (getting dark), and not knowing where it was going to jump (so 3-4 pictures of splashes after it jumped) - quality not the best, but this is best shot I came up with.

seatrout_leap1.jpg

seatrout_leap2.jpg

Poor quality, but it looked to be around 2 lbs or so in weight - been nice on end of a rod :D

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Dammit, you need a license to grill Trout now?

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Get a quite few of them over the summer/autumn as they enter into the rivers and lochs.

Used to fish for them in the sea a lot - can be very frustrating though, they can be jumping left right and centre and not look at a thing one day, next day they can be taking readily.

One of the best fish in our waters to eat though I think!

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

If the rod and line fails - a friend of mine! said try tickling them. I would never contemplate it! cos it is not fair and probably illegal. xxx

:):)

ps undercut banks and under large rocks my friend tells me!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy