70's Fibreglass rods wanted!

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I would very much like to rekindle my youth, I am after a 1970's vintage fibre glass match or float or ledger rod could be a Shakespeare, Abu, East Anglian Rod Co, Milbro or Intrepid. Doesn't matter if one or two rings needs replacing, so long as the blank, cork are intact, and the ferrules fit.Please pm me with details.

Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,

Just a suggestion, I dont know how mobile you are but try to get round your local car boot sale this weekend, theres usually loads of this type of rod on them

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!

Hi Nick,

Just a suggestion, I dont know how mobile you are but try to get round your local car boot sale this weekend, theres usually loads of this type of rod on them

Hi Ian,

That is indeed a good idea, and I will keep a look out. But I am interested to hear about fibreglass rods anybody would like to get rid of. I'm looking for rods by manufactureres like Shakespeare, Daiwia, Hardy, B&W, and handbuilt rods by makers like Alan Brown, Leslies of Luton. I'm even interested in unbuilt fibreglass rod blanks. I'm based in Nottingham and would be happy to collect within a reasonable distance.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

I am still lokking for fibreglass rods!

Hi Ian,

That is indeed a good idea, and I will keep a look out. But I am interested to hear about fibreglass rods anybody would like to get rid of. I'm looking for rods by manufactureres like Shakespeare, Daiwia, Hardy, B&W, and handbuilt rods by makers like Alan Brown, Leslies of Luton. I'm even interested in unbuilt fibreglass rod blanks. I'm based in Nottingham and would be happy to collect within a reasonable distance.

Nick

Nick get on Fleabay! There are allways classics from ABU and Bruce&Walker going cheap people just dont want them in these days of carbon.

Great rods such as ABU's All Englands and B&W's CTM etc etc go for £20 if your lucky. While your there you can also pick up a reasonable 501 or 506 ABU or a Mitchell Match to balance them nicely.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 7 months later...
Hi,

Can anyone help?

I would very much like to rekindle my youth, I am after a 1970's vintage fibre glass match or float or ledger rod could be a Shakespeare, Abu, East Anglian Rod Co, Milbro or Intrepid. Doesn't matter if one or two rings needs replacing, so long as the blank, cork are intact, and the ferrules fit.Please pm me with details.

Regards,

Nick

hi i have a shakespere no1801 fishing rod still in realy good condition still has all original eyes on it if your interested you can make me a offer on it

CLICK HERE - not a perfect search, but throws up a few on Ebay and should be enough to get you rooting around. I spotted a Winfield Beach Fisher on there, which would have some people here harking back to halcyon days :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Give John Hutchinson a call on this number 01767 317122 day time and on week days only. He's a bit old school and closes for lunch probably between 12.30 and 2pm. You will find him in Biggleswade, Beds. His workshop is an Aladin's cave of blanks, he never throws anything away!! :rolleyes: . He actually made rods for the late Alan Brown.

Hi, I have a B James & Son in assn. with Bruce & Walker CTM 13A. 13' match rod from late 60s I think. Very very good condition. All original. Pink agate first and tip ring. Minor repair to tip ring but does not affect in any way. Let me know if you are interested, I do not use it and it is ready to fish.