A good day's fishing how about use

Young Dave

On wednesday i went fishing for the third time and caught a total of eight fish 2 great roach, 5 carp and withmy last cast of the day a beautiful Perch. So basically i was wondering if you have had any good day's recently and what is is a good size carp in inches and wieght.

what is is a good size carp in inches and wieght.

2-4 pounds is a good size for eating. For catching, pretty much any size that will put a bend in your rod.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Young Dave! Been that long since Ive been able to get out mate I cant remember!

As for what size is a "good" carp then I think that really depends on several things.Firstly in its simplest form it would really be dictated by what size the rest of the carp in the partiucular water are.For example in one of my lakes it would have to be well over 60lb maybe even 70lb for it to be classed as one of the "good" ones as the water is the home to the present world record! then again a small moat near to me that has a lot of 1-3lb carp in and the biggest just into double figures an 8lbr is very "good"!

Next it also depends on what size of carp and how many you have caught before.Once again as an example if youve caught plenty of 30lb+ carp then you wouldnt class a double figure one as particularly "good" but even an 8ozs one would make your day if it was your first!

Some would even allow the method used to dictate the status of "good"!

But for me I dont care about amount,size,where,method or what ever anymore! If I enjoy catching any fish then its "good" enough for me!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

2-4 pounds is a good size for eating.

Newt, can you remove that bit please? That's not the kind if information we need our EU friends reading.

I know it's standard fayre in the US but over here, carp are not for the table and we don't need people reading that.

Please.

.....Andy....

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

A good fish in my book is measured by the size of the grin on your face after you've released it and sat back for that celebratory coffee/tea/beer/coke :D

Well done, a good session!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Hi Dave,yes i had a good afternoon last sunday on a local club lake.Three carp hooked,two landed.Best one was thirteen pounds eight ounces.All took bread on the surface and were landed on my new("old")rod.A vintage split cane Allcocks carp/avon.The biggest was the best fish to the rod.I was absolutely delighted with the fish and the way the rod bent!.It was in the method of fishing that i found the enjoyment-and of course landing the fish!.