candle rig

bluezulu

can anyone post a diagram of how to set up a candle rig for surface fishing, thanks.

I was pretty sure you just used the floating candle as the casting weight - so any way that you can attach it as per a normal surface controller should work.

Rob.

can anyone post a diagram of how to set up a candle rig for surface fishing, thanks.

Blue,Ive got no diagram at hand mate but its ultra simple.Just imagine an in line bolt rig.

Some comercially made "floating candles" use elastic in them but its a fixed rig so not allowed on some waters.Dead easy to make up an origonal sliding version by using a real wax candle though.I tend to put a bit of stiff rig tube through the hole made by removing the wick as it makes them a bit more robust.Some people shape the candle in to a more streamlined shape but its not neccesary.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

They cast a lot better than normal controllers,sit low in the water,with a short hook length give a good bolt effect (mainly because they are heavier) and some say the white colour actually atracts surface feeding fish.

Ive only used it (sometimes known as the "floating method") for smaller carp (up to low doubles) on commercial or commercial style stocking waters. Good fun and effective.More a matchmans method but I see no reason it wouldnt work with bigger fish if they arnt to spooky.

Lodge Pool over at Redditch is a good venue to try it near you though Im sure there must be loads of others.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!