White Chocolate Boilies?,

henda11

I am tempted to suggest that the flavour has very little to do with the result. If you only fished with one flavour it stands to reason that when you catch it will be on that flavour.Had you tried 2 rods with different flavours you may have had different results.Bait can be such a complicated subject, and flavour is but a minority role to play.Unless you insist on making your own baits,which can be a mind bender in itself, you will be better off contacting one of the many bait companies out there,( and there are many more than the big,well known players) and talk about your prediciment along with shelling out for 5kg of freshly rolled.This would cost around £35, if you try catcherbaits or Destiny baits and buy 10kg you be paying in the region of £50, a chunky sum but a lot of decent bait, however you need the freezer space to store them.bait is an ongoing enigma for many, with all due respect, there is more to it than flavour.

What you need to remember is that a 'flavour' is literally a tiny amount of one chemical, added to a larger amount of chemical carrier, that is in turn added to a bait. Bearing in mind that carp don't smell or taste food in the same way we do, it is fair to assume they can taste the chemical signals from everything else in the bait as much as, if not more so, than the 'flavour' itself.

All I'm saying therefore is keep it in perspective and don't get lulled into thinking that flavour is the be all and end all of bait, because, as mentioned in the post above, there's a hell of a lot more to it than that.

Don't also forget you can completely ignore the science of bait and just catch fish, that's my approach now :)

Rob.

White Chocolate Boilies were the first bait i have ever used but i didnt catch on them, but looking back on it i realised i didnt know as much as i do now about carp fishing.

So i mite give them a go again and let u know wat happens.

But if they are working in ur local lakes then keep using them, be carefull that u dont kill the bait off!!

Wet Lines

Martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)