Rubber Sweetcorn?!!!

Dan G

BUDGIE:

Jeepster,did you have to get the fish feeding well first or can you go straight in with the rubber casters?

the only time i remember specifically, i was feeding hemp, and had the rubber caster on the hook, i seem to remember i'd had maggot on the hook earlier in the session, but no joy, hence the swap. but the fish werent feeding heavily when i changed over. sorry i cant remember exactly, but it was a while ago, now i mostly use the rubbers for keeping lobs on a barbless hook!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Jeep not used the fake casters but definately going to try some.I fish a small pit which has some good roach in it.They love casters but the real thing gets crushed and smashed by all the small stuff as the bait gets down to the bottom.Placcy casters might be the way ahead!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Jeepster,

You know Enterprise actually make rubber worm stops, specifically for barbless hooks and they work magnificently... check out there website

i know, i saw them the other day, when i dont want to use rubber casters, i now use old rubber float stops cut in half, as they look exactly the same as the enterprise worm stops.

Heard of several carp that have been found dead after injesting Fake mixers in my area, so it appears they cannot pass them though after all....

Most of my friends however have caught some big 7lb+ tench on fake corn, so I'm not arguing whether it works or not...

A comedian once pointed out that you gotta be in a big hurry if you need "Jun" as an abbreviation for "June".

If you're fishing rubber corn over a bed of the real thing, you obviously have "the real thing" around and to hand. If you dont't have a spare 60 secs to thread a grain or 2 of real corn then you're either fishing a match or maybe you're missing half the point of fishing, which (to my mind) is to disengage from the pressure,stress and general rush of everyday life.

WTF is the big hurry ?

Peace :cool:

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

WTF has hurrying got to do with anything? i use rubber corn for a few reasons, none of them has anything to do with time, lack of it or hurrying......

GlennB - I see the rubber corn as a lower stress bait; at least in my case.

With the natural stuff I worry after it's been in the water a while with no action if something managed to steal my bait and I'm just watching for a bare hook to attract a fish.

Rubber grains OTOH will stay unless a really violent battle with a fish tears one off.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

jeepster:

WTF has hurrying got to do with anything? i use rubber corn for a few reasons, none of them has anything to do with time, lack of it or hurrying......

Quite right - my apologies.

Bad day at work, several drinks, bit of a rant ...

None of my damn business, and good luck jeep!

Glenn

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.