Musical memory lane

Ken L

We all occasionally go back to listen to the music that we grew up with. I've managed to track down most of mine but there are some that are proving hard to get hold of. Here are a few of the ones that I'm still trying to get hold of:

Theatre Of Hate - Do You Believe In The Westworld

Wall Of Voodoo - Mexican Radio

The Human League - Being Boiled – The original version, NOT the “fast version”

Camper Van Beethoven - Take The Skinheads Bowling

The Sisters Of Mercy – Emma – this was a cover of the Hot Chocolate song on a B side

The Damned – Eloise

Barns and Barns – Fish Heads – This one’s just silly !

Flash & The Pan – Waiting for a train

The annoying thing is that I've had most of them on vinyl at one time or another but they seem to have gone walkabout because friens have "borrowed" them or they've got chucked out in house moves.

If two or more are available on any currently available compilations, details would be most appreciated.

Is anyone else trying to track down any lost classics ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Just found this.

http://www.yearsofgold.org.uk/1982WEEK6FEB6.htm

Sadly, gone are the days when so much of the charts was new, inovative or longlasting. Some top tunes in that 40.

Tracks at postitions 1, 3, 6, 9, 10, 14, 17, 20, 25, 28, 31, 33 and 40 are still listenable after more years than I care to recall. I doubt that the same will be true of the same week's chart in 2005.

[ 09. January 2005, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

That's a very odd site.

Found this tracklist on the net:

Rock & Wave Vol.1' DCD, released in 1992 by Columbia/Sony, Rock / Wave

Tracklist CD1:

P.I.L. - This Is Not A Lovesong

The Clash - London Calling

The Smiths - Panic

The Jams - Eaton Rifles

The Ruts - Babylon´s Burning

Tenpole Tudor - Swords Of A Thousand Men

King Kurt - Destination Zululand

Bow Wow Wow - I Want Candy

Adam & The Ants - Goody Two Shoes

Blondie - Denis

Elvis Costello - Oliver´s Army

Ian Dury & The Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythmstick

The Stranglers - Skin Deep

Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon

Romeo Void - Never Say Never

Teardrop Explodes - Reward

XTC - Making Plans For Nigel

Theatre Of Hate - (Do You Believe In The) Westworld

Wall Of Voodoo - Mexican Radio

Tracklist CD2:

Anne Clark - Our Darkness

The Sisters Of Mercy - Alice

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go

The Stranglers - Always The Sun

The Mission UK - Like A Hurricane

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood

Bauhaus - She´s In Parties

Grauzone - Eisbär

Pig Bag - Papa´s Got A Brand New Pig Bag

Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood

Altered Images - Happy Birthday

Lene Lovich - Lucky Number

Tubeway Army - Are "Friends" Electric?

Fad Gadget - Coitus Interruptus

Japan - Gentlemen Take Polaroids

Human League - Being Boiled

Some top stuff on there. The bad news is, the copliation was released in Germany only in 1992 and is no longer in print.

Ah yes, back when music was music :)

Try one of the peer to peer networks for some of the hard to find stuff.

I had a very good record collection stolen many years ago, I have managed to find a lot on cd, even some on vinyl :) , but the harder to find comes from peer to peer

Mark

Unfortunatly, with no broadband link, dowloading isn't really an option.

I have no problems with buying music (although I copy plenty as well), the only thing that I draw the line at is paying the rip off prices of HMV and the like.

Spent over an hour in the library the other day looking through their compilations for gems. I found a few (Where's captain Kirk ?, Who killed Bambi and others) but was gobsmaked by the amount of crap dance music compilations they hold onto - most of which never get booked out !

There were plenty of 80's compilations in there as well, but they were all collections of the Stock Aitken and Waterman crap that blighted that decade and the one that followed it.

I've just trawled the copliations sections of a couple of on-line music stores with no luck either.

I think I'll pop into another big local library next weekend and if that don't work, I'll have to grit my teeth and start buying whole albums for the one track that I'm after. A bit of a bummer that when there are so many new bands that I'd rather be spending my hard earned cash on.

Mark, when you say "peer to peer", do you mean Kazar and the like ? If so, I've heared some very dodgy storeys (from someone who's job it is to extract evidence quality electronic information from lots of gadgets for use by the police and CPS) about what ends up on your PC as a result of these networks.

Ken

Yes Kazaa and the like, although Kazaa is notorious for mislabelled files :(

Car boot sales are very good for music and the cd, or even better album, is usually only a couple of quid :)

We also have a couple of record dealers at local markets that are reasonably priced and they sometimes have picture discs :)

[ 09. January 2005, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: northern mark ]

Mark