new spinning rod

Anthony78

Im on the look out for a new spinning/lure rod. I will be fishing canals and small ponds for small pike/perch/chub with spinners and small lures. can anybody recommend a decent one.(only ones that are still available please)

Effort equals reward!!

Last time I replied to a similar question, saying I was very happy with my Shakespeare Ugly Stik Sapphire, I got a hammering! I am though...

IYCF Magazine reviewed them recently, and liked anything by Grey's (but then they always do)

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Pangoline, I thought that you had an ideal Bob James lure rod!!

Greys do an excellent stalking rod. Brillient for spinning, and very much cheaper than a greys spinning rod :confused: !

Ron Thompson Steelhead rods are excellent, about half the price of a Grey's rod and, dare I say it, just as good!

[ 21. March 2004, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Pangolin:

Last time I replied to a similar question, saying I was very happy with my Shakespeare Ugly Stik Sapphire, I got a hammering! I am though...

The Shakespeare Odessa Flattie might suit you.

http://www.sportsmail.ltd.uk/acatalog/info...ch/window6.html

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

As a matter of interest,I recently bought a Rapala Huntsman 6' spinning rod on Ebay while under the influence of a quart of Bulgarian red wine. Are these any good? :D

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

you've saved me the bother of buying one glenn!! they look the business but having bought a couple of rods recently i restrained myself when i saw them on ebay, let us know how you get on with it

I've got one of those Steelhead rods and although it's not the most handsome rod (it's got a flipping American flag on it!!) I've ever used, it's a cracker. It's light enough to fling small spinners about small streams but has enough backup power, in case one of those pesky Pike turn up. It never had a cover, it's been dragged all over the country in car boots, on trains, buses etc. and it's never been cared for. It's never even had so much as a wee wash...lol.

Still got it and still using it. Dirt cheap and as soon as it breaks, I'll go and get another one. How about that?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...