LOBSTER

robc22

Does anyone on this site fish for prawns or lobsters ? Or engages in shellfishing in general???

thanks

rob

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."......... Native American Proverb

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

"Eat wild fish/shellfish...... not something from china"...... Stillfishing

Does anyone on this site fish for prawns or lobsters ? Or engages in shellfishing in general???

thanks

rob

There'll be one or twi that do a bit of part time potting but not that many I'd have thought

I used to fish commercially for shellfish some 30 years ago if thats any help

There'll be one or twi that do a bit of part time potting but not that many I'd have thought

I used to fish commercially for shellfish some 30 years ago if thats any help

I just thougt they might be one or two other folk that liked to shellfish for the table. Thanks for the reply brian

:):):):):):)

post-17362-1251220126_thumb.jpg

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

Its less common over here than where you live Rob.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I could be wrong but looking at the colouration on those lobsters I'd hazard a guess that they're Canadian lobsters not English ones

If we were fishing for them they'd have been banded up to prevent them from injuring each other

I could be wrong but looking at the colouration on those lobsters I'd hazard a guess that they're Canadian lobsters not English ones

If we were fishing for them they'd have been banded up to prevent them from injuring each other

Really no need to band them as there is three inches of ice under that rockweed. the cold temps make the bugs sleepy. They also have room to move in the cooler. They tend to get a lot more aggresive when crammed tightly together. :)

Fairly Close on your color/geographical location guess brian, they are new england lobsters...I caught this lobby a coupla years ago....lets see what you make of this then!! :D:D:D

post-17362-1251303961_thumb.jpg

Guest challenge
Would be nice but it gets my back up thats its legislated against. I would shoot the occasional pot from the yak but feel its all hassel with the local fisheries so I just stick to the fish.

It’s no hassle at all for us glen. just get yourself a limited shellfish permit (like the other 1200 that applied this year) there free of charge and there put in place not to legislate against anybody but to help enforce the by-law that has been in place for years..

Fairly Close on your color/geographical location guess brian, they are new england lobsters...I caught this lobby a coupla years ago....lets see what you make of this then!! :D:D:D

Same lobster just an odd colour, not quite an albino more to do with pigments in the shell I would guess that would make it turn more yellow/ochre than normal