help

sparrowhawk

MrMatthew:

Oh and for the pedants I mean within an hours drive of the south of Birmingham,

How about this area that is only a few miles south of Birmingham, Kentucky? Probably a 30 minute drive or so.

Posted Image

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You will be asking Den what he puts in his boillies next

My self and most other pikers on here will gladly show you how to catch and handle pike.But to give out the locations of waters is a different thing.For some time I used to send people to waters that I no longer fish for pike but knew were good.It was pointed out to me that this was a bit selfish as even though I was no longer fishing there the people who were would not apreciate the extra anglers.The whole problem is that Pike unlike Carp and the likes are very delicate and do not take being caught repeatedly well.Also as this is an open forum hundreds if not thousands can look in so it may not just be you we are directing to a water.Please dont think I or any other piker who wont reveal locations is being selfish.

On a more positive note,pike are well spread and most waters have them in.As for locations talk to match anglers and see where they are getting"troubled" by pike a lot.The best pike waters (due to the reasons I gave earlier) are often the ones where no one bothers to fish for them.Carp waters are a good example of this.Finding a good water is part of the challenge/fun but when you do keep it quiet!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BUDGIE:

Finding a good water is part of the challenge/fun but when you do keep it quiet!    

Come on Budgie, you could be a little more helpful to newbies and tell them exactly how that's done!

First you get your list of special number plates, then you find where the cars, er vans, to which they are attached are kept. Then you get up before the crack of dawn and wait until a shadowy figure carrying buckets (full of ice cream of course!) loads the car (er, van) and drives off.

Following at some distance and without lights, try not to lose it (harder than you think, some of these pikers are quite intelligent and have learned from experience).

Now when it parks up, wait and watch (Too many newbies unload their gear, carry it down to the waters edge and start fishing, only to hear the sound of gleeful laughter above the sound of a van's engine pulling away and find later that they are fishing a carp puddle where the biggest fish is (reputed to be) six pounds!

If the angler stays there, fishing for an hour or so then you are in!

Come back later and get your picture in an angling magazines, holding a huge pike a few weeks later.

(Pretty soon you'll be joining the ranks of those who park their vehicles with false plates, only changing them to legal plates a mile or so down the road, and paranoidly watching in the rear view mirror for cars without lights just around the last bend!)

Er, about that list of special number plates - they can be bought in the right pubs, I'll say no more than that!

OOops! Have I given too many piking secrets away Budgie?

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust