Raising money

*Ant*

Perhaps some of you good folk may be able to offer me some advice.

After talking to the staff at the childrens ward at Frenchay Hospital in Bristol, they tell me they are in need of some mobiles to hang over the cots and beds of the little ones.

I would really like to help out and am only to happy to fork out for a few myself. But I would really like to see every bed with a mobile of it's own and so would like to raise some money for this purpose.

The trouble is that although I have participated in fund raising events before, I have never before been a part of setting one up or been anything to do with the admin. side. Is there anything I need to know before I start?

Ant

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Kids are getting telephones younger and younger these days.... :D

No seriously Anthony, are you after new ones or ones that our kids no longer use, or just the funds?

Paul

:D:D:D

Paul - I surpose old ones would be just as much appreciated. I was thinking about buying some in bulk but if anyone wishes to send me one to pass on, that would be great.

I'll see if I can get in the attic over the weekend then. Happy to give a donation though when/if it's all up and running, let me know.

Paul

If you wish to receive donations, its best to "protect" yourself by having a Bank Account set up, with at least two signatures, one of whom should be from the receiving "charity".

Payments can then be made directly to the Account and not to you personally.

I know of too many people who have tried to help others, only to be accused of fiddling etc.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Hi

have you thought of the local paper/radio they often will ask listeners/readers to help,our local radio's fundraising for Bluebell Wood a childrens Hospice.

You could also try approaching the local shops in your area eg.Mothercare,Early learning Centre and Toys r us.

You should also be able to get a list of the local charitable trusts in your area,some if you look carefully will be for the children,you could then apply to them.I used to be secretary for a local league of friends group.

Good Luck

Judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Feel free to bid on either of my two spare ones on ebay over the next few days.

No way I'm giving them away when I can get £30 + for them both.

On a more serious note.....

Try writing (not email) to the companies that make them, i.e. Mamas & Papas

You'll probably find they're only too pleased to help. You could even ask for their rejects.

Good luck.

Guest Ferret1959

I think there maybe a bit of confusion here????

Mobiles as in things that wind up and go round and round for kiddy entertainment or the mobile phones that all kids have these days.

I'm thinking the ones that go round and round. :)

How about a sponsored bike ride, simple and no real outlay.

Plus young and old can take part. :)

[ 23. June 2004, 12:47 AM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]

Yeah sorry Dave, the things that you wind up and they go round and round and play a tune.

And that's a good idea Mr. Polecat, a sponsored something or other.

What about a nationwide sponsored fish catch? I could print and send some forms out and people could get sponsored on how many fish they catch. People could choose when they wanted to fish, like just their normal session. Any money raised could be sent to a third party so nobody thinks i'm on the take (sure someone would).

Paul & Kendo, thanks that would be great.