Bring 'em on Newt

Leon Roskilly

That won't be a good thing at all, at all.

I notice some bumps along the projected track for Danielle at about 38ºN 28ºW that appear similar on this map to the Cape Verde islands off Africa near where she started. Is there land there?

danielle.gif

[ 17. August 2004, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big al - they are. It was a cell tower issue as I had suspected.

We couldn't talk long but I think wife, daughter, house survived intact. Son is still working in Canada for another week or so.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

I notice some bumps along the projected track for Danielle at about 38ºN 28ºW that appear similar on this map to the Cape Verde islands off Africa near where she started. Is there land there?

Yep, they are the Azores.

I don't think that they are used to Hurricanes dropping in on them.

Incidentally, I've just experienced about 10 minutes of the most intense rainfall I've ever come across (and I've lived in N.Qld where we had tropical monsoons).

Not just heavy rain, but the size of the drops pounding down was impressive too.

Luckily I was in the car, but I couldn't see the road, or very far ahead.

I'm glad that wasn't sustained for very long!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

This is how Charley and Danielle are expected to meet up, join hands, and head for the UK next week.

More rain :(

charl_dan.gif

Tight Lines - leon

[ 19. August 2004, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Bad link to the picture Leon. It don't live there no more according to the nice folk at Metcheck.

Newt:

Bad link to the picture Leon. It don't live there no more according to the nice folk at Metcheck.

Danielle seems to be dancing about all over the place, guess the graphic went out of date quite quickly.

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Latest I can find from 11AM EST today (so 4PM your time)

quote:

Danielle consists of a tight swirl of low clouds with patches of deep convection to the north. A high resolution Quikscat pass over the cyclone earlier this morning shows wind vectors supporting tropical storm force winds to the north of the center. Initial intensity is 35 knots. Stronger shear is forecast to prevail over Danielle so weakening is anticipated as suggested by the SHIPS model.

Danielle was meandering during the past few hours and is now drifting eastward. However ... the cyclone is expected to resume a slow northeast track about 4 to 5 knots later today. Because the steering currents are expected to remain weak ... no increase in forward speed is indicated through 48 hours.

Forecaster Avila

forecast positions and Max winds

initial 19/1500z 30.0n 37.4w 35 kt

12hr VT 20/0000z 30.5n 37.0w 30 kt

24hr VT 20/1200z 31.0n 36.5w 25 kt

36hr VT 21/0000z 32.0n 35.5w 25 kt

48hr VT 21/1200z 32.5n 34.5w 25 kt...becoming extratropical

72hr VT 22/1200z 34.0n 32.0w 25 kt...extratropical

96hr VT 23/1200z 36.0n 28.0w 25 kt...extratropical