Author Needed

Elton

I received the following by email. If you are able to help, please contact me via PM.

Dear AnglersNet.,

We are a children's educational book packager and are currently working on a sports series called "How to To Improve At".

I am desperately trying to find an author for our book on Fishing and was hoping you may be able to recommend someone who may be interested in writing this book for us.

The “How to Improve At” series is aimed at 8 to 10 year-olds (more towards 10yrs), who already know the basics and are looking to learn more, so the content of these titles cannot be too simplistic.

This title is designed to be an exciting guide to improving Fishing skills. It covers a wide range of connected issues such as diet and exercise, but with the emphasis firmly on getting involved in the practical side of sport.

Format – 48pp, divided into 22 spreads, with approx. 300-350 words of main/caption text per spread.

Total words approx.10,000

60% of the book would be on coarse/river fishing, 20% on fly fishing and 20% on sea fishing.

I hope you are able to help, as I need to find an author a.s.a.p.

Thanks for your time,

Rachel

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I would love to write an "all round" instructional book but just dont have the writting skills! There are plenty on here who have both the writing skills and the knowledge though.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I think Angling vagabond could do a good job

Talented published autor.

Jasper Carrot On birmingham city

" You lose some you draw some"

I would like to think that I have the writing skills, but I dont think my angling knowledge is quite good enough to write a book!

Plus, I may be able to cope with the Course Fishing part but my knowledge of Fly Fishing consists of about nothing, and Sea Fishing is just totally unknown to me.

I would like to think that I have the writing skills, but I dont think my angling knowledge is quite good enough to write a book!

Plus, I may be able to cope with the Course Fishing part but my knowledge of Fly Fishing consists of about nothing, and Sea Fishing is just totally unknown to me.

I hate to be such a disagreeable and pedantic sod, but there are so many errors in the spelling, punctuation, syntax and composition of your post that I should strongly recommend a serious reappraisal of your confidence in your writing skills. Sorry about that.

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.

To be honest, you are being a pedantic sod! This is an internet forum, I wrote that in about a minute, not checking it for errors or mistakes, obviously if I was goin to write a book (which im not) I would check it several times!

To be honest, you are being a pedantic sod! This is an internet forum, I wrote that in about a minute, not checking it for errors or mistakes, obviously if I was goin to write a book (which im not) I would check it several times!

Quite right- I was being particularly obnoxious. I'm sorry for the offense, but it's one of my bugbears!

What's interesting is that, though anglers are rarely surprised by a totally grim day, we nearly always maintain our optimism. We understand pessimism because our dreams are sometimes dented by the blows of fate, but always our hope returns, like a primrose after a hard winter. ~ C. Yates.