Curried Fred

Vagabond

Dunno if I have told this one before....

A neighbour who kept bantams used to supply us with lots of miniature eggs in return for the rainbow trout overflow from my freezers. They kept the bantams as pets and rarely ate their eggs.

On one occasion this neighbour had to kill one of his more aggressive cock bantams, which had been terrorising the others. He brought me the freshly killed corpse so that I could make use of the feathers for flies.

Having stripped the body it seemed a shame to waste it, so as it was an old bird it was boiled, the flesh taken off and used to form the basis of a chicken and onion curry.

My neighbour was aghast when told how delicious the meal had been.

"You....….ate..........Fred?",

he said in disbelief. He still brought us the eggs though, and to this day Chicken Dupiaza is known in our household as "Curried Fred"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Hmmm, reminds me of my old dog Sullivan. I was badly injured an a garden accident once and there was a lot of blood. Conscious of the carpets in the house, I decided to stay in the front porch until the ambulance arrived. My wife and a neighbour were doing what they could to slow the bleeding and then Sullivan decided to help in the only way he felt that he could. He began licking up my blood as it hit the floor. I think that we both regarded each other in a different light after that incident!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.