Stumbled upon some old fishing pics of Whitby

mr motorola

My uncle gave me a few pictures to scan for his daughters 21st birthday party and while sorting through the photos we dropped on a couple of old fishing photos that were taken 1980-90 time.

The photos were taken aboard the SEA TREK (old one) chartered by Stu Johnson

See what you think................

007.jpg

The big lad is my father , no longer with us.

009.jpg

Lol Senior

010.jpg

My father posing with his catch

017.jpg

no idea what they were laughing at!!!!

019.jpg

It's not a disgusting picture if you look closer , Lol has a lings swim bladder and is impersonating....well you get the picture.

022.jpg

Dave Easton with a 30 pounder.

027.jpg

Dave again with another biggie.

041.jpg

anyone remember the old scarborough reels , i do very well , thats me holding it. A cracking reel they were too.

045.jpg

Lol Senior

047.jpg

My dad again.

048.jpg

Lol Senior with his false teeth taken out , not a pretty sight. In the background is Noel Fawcus.

046.jpg

The infamous Harry Bentham

034.jpg

And finally , for now this one...Stu Johnson is pictured on the bow of the Sea Trek. Can you recognise any other boats in the picture?

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

great pics.....looks like they had some great trips back then.

"Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf."......... Native American Proverb

“Oh, I could spend my life having this conversation - look - please try to understand before one of us dies”...... John Cleese

"Eat wild fish/shellfish...... not something from china"...... Stillfishing

The original Sea Trek is now Heartbeat, skippered by Kevin.

The one at the front left was Heather of Burnham, skippered by Paul Eddon, who now owns and skippers Trot-On.

Well done John.

The boat next to the Sea Trek is / was the Cyanita skippered by George Tabor and the yellow one at the back was the Sea Roma skippered by Steve Goodwill??

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Bit of a blast from the past there Mr M

Yes it sure is Brian. The thing is , like most fishermen i suppose , that some very memorable times / things happen when you are young and fishing and they stick out very vividly (with me anyway) and i love to sit down with any old pictures of my younger years fishing and reminisce through them with a big smile on my face.

Which gets me to thinking , isn't fishing a truely great pastime and sport for that matter, which unites people and forms friendships along the way all in the quest for the elusive 'catch of a lifetime'?

I've had some fantastic times and laughs along the way , some with friends and most with total strangers who in turn have become very good friends. New and old , alive and no longer with us , fishing really does bring people together and share in the same goal.

I suppose other hobbies and pastimes do the same but would you agree that theres nothing better than going out with the optimism of catching the dream fish , sharing a laugh and a bit of banter with friends and strangers all in a struggle (in all weather) of dropping a line in the water?

All i say is god bless fishing.

Yes it sure is Brian. The thing is , like most fishermen i suppose , that some very memorable times / things happen when you are young and fishing and they stick out very vividly (with me anyway) and i love to sit down with any old pictures of my younger years fishing and reminisce through them with a big smile on my face.

Which gets me to thinking , isn't fishing a truely great pastime and sport for that matter, which unites people and forms friendships along the way all in the quest for the elusive 'catch of a lifetime'?

I've had some fantastic times and laughs along the way , some with friends and most with total strangers who in turn have become very good friends. New and old , alive and no longer with us , fishing really does bring people together and share in the same goal.

I suppose other hobbies and pastimes do the same but would you agree that theres nothing better than going out with the optimism of catching the dream fish , sharing a laugh and a bit of banter with friends and strangers all in a struggle (in all weather) of dropping a line in the water?

All i say is god bless fishing.

Good evening Carl.

A proper blast from the past, great to see and so reminisant of those wonderful times, day's when a good pair of eyes to pick up the mark's ashore was all the navigational equipment that was needed for a great day's fishing.

Sat looking at your photograph's got me thinging back to the day's when all the skipper's met at the car park cafe to sort out the morning's party's and tackle was bought at Blue Star Angling Suplies and the Co op was a coal yard.

Names such as Winspear, Graham, Toes and Tony Smirthwaitete, name but a few, all good skippers of their day.

Those days bait fishing was the main stay and jig fishing was very much in its infantsy.

Great times, it has been most interesting to have advanced along with the everlution of gear and methods which are of cause still evolving but I have to say a piece of correctly presented bait is still my favourite method and still gives me the greatest pleasure.

Although I have to say I have had over time had a few good days on perks and hope to have many more.

Regards

Charles.