Friendliest place in the UK?

Guest sslatter

bluezulu:

bluezulu:

bluezulu:

I nominate Liverpool. The friendliest, most unpretentious place in the UK.

Unfriendliest? Anywhere in Hampshire.

I agree about Liverpool.

And the bad bits are no worse than anywhere else.

The most unpleasant is Birmingham - I have been to various parts of the city and have never found a redeeming feature.

your having a laugh! still got the scare from when one of those lovely everton fans decided he'd like to do a sulpture with a stanley knife on my arm :mad: oh yes lovely place liverpool, i don't think :mad:
I am sorry you had such an experience - however, I can remember a bloke being killed near Priestfield Stadium, Gillingham in the not too distant past, and similar problems in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham. One of the reasons I don't go to football matches - the other being that the professional game is crap entertainment value.

Using your logic, you can't tar all cities with the same brush.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wakefield is good, I think Castleford is frendlier but my vote has got to go to the town of my birth Canny Newcastle.

Howay the lads

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I sure do mean that thar Chequers Gobio!

I've been known to stay there when at the NEC some hour away!

So you've got the Severn on your doorstep then.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.