Freeview Retune 30th Sept

Leon Roskilly

My Freeview box keeps telling me that I need to do a complete retune at lunchtime on 30th September.

See: http://www.ukfree.tv/fullstory.php?storyid=1107051590

(Hopefully Chesters will be able to explain it :) )

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope I can get ITV on mine after then. I seem to get more and more each time it retunes, but can't watch Anglia through the digibox for some reason. I did investigate it before and found the reason, but it was far too boring to try to understand!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

no big problem just do a scan for channels in the installation menu ,looks like channels are moving about again (limited bandwidth so the music channels get tagged onto any spare capacity if some music chanels go then theres more tv channels and vice versa)

strangely in folkestone our freeview box often has the "rescan" option pop up but here (with very limited channels) it never does ,virgin was the last must do rescan we still get the old version as +1 isnt on our epg

also if HD goes onto freeview then all the non HD channels will have to be in one "section" and the HD versions near so the freeview HD boxes (probably with a wider tuner so they can get the frequencies) can get normal freeviw plus the HD version otherwise normal boxes would have a gap (where the HD is) in the frequencies etc

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I hope I can get ITV on mine after then. I seem to get more and more each time it retunes, but can't watch Anglia through the digibox for some reason. I did investigate it before and found the reason, but it was far too boring to try to understand!

it depends on what region the digital signal comes from ,ours comes from london its the way the aerial points but if (unlike ours) you can get a good signal from another transmitter you may get another regional version.

with satellite you can have any region you wish or all of them even northern ireland and channel islands etc

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Strange you should a problem with Anglia?? It surely comes to you from the Tacolneston transmitter in the heart of Anglia??

some boxes will put bbc and itv channels in the 800`s,and some of the older boxes will not work at all

To say I am not impressed would be an understatement.

For no apparent benefit to me (I understand it was done so some people could get C5) after retuning I have now completely unwatchable Virgin 1, ITV3, Fiver and Five USA channels. All were fine before.

Thanks a lot!

Edited by ColinW