Stormy Weather ??

Newt

Things are looking more and more interesting for the US East Coast. The latest prediction for Irene is that she will begin to strengthen now that conditions are better (if you are a storm) back to TS Irene tomorrow and Hurricane Irene soon thereafter. Landfall is predicted to be somewhere along North Carolina on Monday or Tuesday.

Note that it is early and things could change drastically. Track, strength, all of it.

As of right now and based on cooler waters in this area once you get below the surface combined with dry air in the area should serve to keep the storm down to a fairly small diameter and no stronger than Cat1 or Cat2.

I'm gonna test run my generator tomorrow and top off all the gas cans while cursing myself since gasoline took a sudden, overnight price jump of about 5% yesterday. Grrrr.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

I'm gonna test run my generator tomorrow and top off all the gas cans while cursing myself since gasoline took a sudden, overnight price jump of about 5% yesterday. Grrrr.

It sucks, doesn't it? I'm really thankful that I sold my gas-guzzling boat on eBay a few months back. Last year I spent at least $30 each time out, and that was just trolling. Somewhere in Wisconsin the new owner must be pi$$ed. :D

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

severus:

Last year I spent at least $30 each time out, and that was just trolling. Somewhere in Wisconsin the new owner must be pi$$ed. :D

You didn't sell it to my father did you? :D He lives in Rock county but they have a cottage up north near the Dells.

Hurricanes are a pain.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

We are just short of paying £1 per litre of fuel, i used to be able to have a little chat on the forecourt with another filler whilst filling, but now £20 is swallowed in 25secs!!Dave

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

Looks like getting wet and windy here too soon Newt

http://www.metcheck.com

"the first of the Atlantic Autumn storms is warming up in the dressing room for it's first performance of the year."

:(

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Not sure this early on but Metcheck may have goofed Irene. The other forcasters certainly have. From the 9th

quote:

Harvey not UK-bound

Added : Tue 9 Aug : 11:49:08 AM

Tropical Storm Harvey looks set to miss the UK, as the system stalls just North of the Azores over the next few days.

and a look at the track predictions still has UKMET tracking the storm away from the US and from any likely turn toward the UK with any strength. However, the BAM has the best track record on this storm so far and even that has missed by tracking her too far north and with too little strength.

an-irene1.gif

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President