Typical Bank Holiday weather

Tyke

Well im off for a week up North Yorkshire way for a spot of fishing on the River Seven at Normanby and a few trips out with the family and its forcast wind and rain :(

We went 2 years ago in August and thought we couldent go wrong weather wise in August and guess what? they had floods in Pickering and all the rivers in the area were flooded :(

I just hope we dont get inough rain to make the rivers unfishable.

Err, two words: "Closed Season"

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

How'd they manage that? :confused:

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Tyke,

Double check this - we've just spoken to the EA and they've said that this is not the case and that anyone caught will be prosecuted!

Tyke my old Leeds and district book also quotes a June 16th start!

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Tyke,

June 1st USED to be the case when Yorkshire Water Authority controlled the old Rod And Line licencing. But, now the Rod And Line licencing is controlled by the EA it's June 16th everywhere.

Drive over Hull Bridge at Tickton (E. Yorks) the other evening and someone was fishing the River Hull . Amazing how some people can blatently ignore the close season rule. Chances are he probably didn't have a licence either. Unfortunately I wasn't in a position (running late - as always) to go and tell him.

Tight Lines.

Chris.

Oh dear it looks like ive cocked up my dates as the Yorkshire river season as started on june 1st for as long as i can remember.

Thanks for highlighting this you guys as you have saved me taking me the wasted time of taking my tackle.

Looks like a family trips hol now with nights in the pub.

Yer could say im gutted.

Can you fish for trout and Grayling on a river before the 16th of june as the River Seven is mainly trout and grayling fishing?

Or do all Rivers and types of fishing come under the same start date?

Dont fancy fishing a pond up there as i would have had only a limted amount of tackle with me and when im fishing still waters i like all my gear with me.