Fox getting in on the Centrepin market

lutra

chavender,

What are those reels! Loving the red finish.

To my uninitiated eye they look just like my Youngs Purist II but in a different colour.

Can you enlighten me please.

JP

The big one is a Fred Crouch replica of the Allcocks Match Aerial, readily available on e-bay for £125.00 plus £5.00 p&p, very good reels. They're only available in black now, I think the red was a special edition but used red ones do come up occasionally.

The small one, I understand, is a new product manufactured by Fred but I haven't seen it generally available yet....clearly Chavender has :P

Both are 'true' 'pins i.e. no ballraces. They're not manufactured to the same standard as Youngs reels (e.g. painted instead of anodized) but they cost a lot less and do the job very well.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as rusty says they're both special edition fred crouch reels ,the big red 1 is a second hand " Ruby " i've recently brought off e-bay (which i might ,send back too fred ,too get it looked at as after a little use ,there seems too much latteral play and the grub screw unwinds its self ,probably why the previous owner sold it) .the little one (#34 of 50) is very nice with great build quality a solid little reel ,which i look forwards too using

i got mine through a friend who knows fred & co

the smaller one is on sale via this web site now :

http://www.antiquevintagefishingtackle.co.uk/id38.html

they are also available in standard black or natural silver for the standard price

th_truepin01s.jpg

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i got mine through a friend who knows fred & co

th_truepin01s.jpg

You are allowed to say that the hand in the picture belongs to me :rolleyes:

see here

paul4

just spreading the good word ,i actually thought i'd put that link too your site under the picture ,but its not there ,i guess it failed to copy and paste in (i've a small nagging thing going on with windows 7 sometimes when typing it pauses then after a few seconds the sentance appears ,and i may of added the reply before the link appeared )

i'll have too send you a Pm on bfw about my other crouch reel ,now i've used it a couple of times ,i think it needs looking at ,if fred's willing as theres no garentee with it being secondhand .but i'll see about that over the weekend.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

i'll have too send you a Pm on bfw about my other crouch reel ,now i've used it a couple of times ,i think it needs looking at ,if fred's willing as theres no garentee with it being secondhand .but i'll see about that over the weekend.

Ok, of course it'll be looked at, no problems.

paul4