bite alarms

J.K

hiya,

looking to buy single OR double bite alarms mabey a package sort of thing. They will be used on banksticks.

Used mainly for river night fishing.

I have about £50 - £60 to spend. deffinatly no more than 60.

hope you can help me out.

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quality alarms them for the price,i am going to buy one micron and one micron mx(has tone usefull for two rods).i used a 2xl for a while,even that done the job,my carp mate has the delkims..very nice but very expensive!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I have to say the Micron M's are pretty good, no matter what the tackle tarts say. I use them happily and I see no reason to change.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest allibee

I was recently slaughtered, metaphorically, for using bite alarms at night on the river. Fish hard and wind in when tired was the upshot.

If you are after cheap and cheerful and just something to do the job then a couple of Micron M's will set you back 45 squids for the pair.

if you want something a bit more special with a tone that doesn't sound like everyone elses and has all the adjustments your heart desireth, then a couple of s/hand original delkims will last your FOREVER. They are selling like hot cakes at the mo as tackletarts anonymous are getting onto the new solar ones :)

Hope that helps

I have a Micron and a Ron Thompson: one of the knobs has broken on the Micron alarm, basically because it sticks out too far (and I'm too lazy to put it back in its case every time). The Ron Thompson has served me better, my only complaint being that it takes a 9V battery, which is expensive to replace when the alarm is accidentally left on.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

why?i see no problem with using alarms on the river at night.i use one on an alarm and one isotope on the avon tip(quivertipping at night can drive you to hallucinate!).

AKA RATTY

Guest allibee

Because a fish can drag you into the snags before you've had time to react when using them while catching some shut eye on a river ... apparently

well yes if you do go to sleep,i suppose that is possible,why sleep anyway?im a night owl i can quite happily sit there all night fishing,however 8 or so hours of wathcing istopes hurts my eyes!so why not use alarms!?

AKA RATTY