help

billydutfish

i have got a match on sunday only thing is the place where it is has not been fishing well at all. think it has something to do with the cold as its in the north east of scotland. it has been stocked with roach and bream and has carp up to 20lb . does anybody have any tips to help me winkle out a fish

thanks in advance.

practise

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

its not all polar bears and icebergs up north you know we do see the sun now and again up here. youll be suprised just how hot its been up here the last week ive got the sunburn to prove it.i fished a match on thursday night in the north east and the fish were very warm. any warmer and i would expect them to have batter on.dont worry the fishing will be great.

i live in north east of scotland and i no it was warm up here [well sunday was] anyway it is mayby not the cold that is stoped the fish from feeding... i was told (dont know if its true) that fish wont feed unless the water is a certian temp. could have something to do with it being a new fishery or something all the reports i am gettinhg is that it aint fishing so well i was there 2 weeks ago and never had a bite and there was far more experinced anglers than myself there that day who also never had a bite. and i was wondering if it was me or something that had made the fish go off the feed.

• 1 month later...

i take it you mean kingennie. the place is not that hot as you know i fish it with cat food and pellet in the two shallow bays. get the wind in your face and fish 4 to 5 meters out its only a few feet deep but the lack of a shelf is the main problem, "if there are no features make one out of your bait" ie just keep cupping it in every other put in and when the small carp turn up they will stay for ages.you should also try using liquidised corn to mix your ground bait for the suspension left behind when your ground bait breaks up but try and mix it on the dry side. not as was done last year where i saw people using what i can only call dough.

Tight Lines, Dibbly88