Where are you?

JollyJay14

Hi all,

I cant believe that there are just two kayakers in kent!

maidstone mike and myself..

Still loooking to meetup and go fishing in south east kent - deal, dover folkstone and surrounding areas..

Anybody interested?

Please reply :yeah:

It's quite possible a lot don't use these forums. They can be quite difficult at times, with people slagging each other off over trival matters.

Or, we are using the wrong deodorant!

Ive seen a couple of chaps off Hythe last Summer on Bilbaos, about a quarter of a mile out,went over for a chat. They were locals.

Some might be just getting on with fishing and don't want to mix with others.

Theres's a guy called Alex who is wanting to join us too.

Just need the WEATHER :wallbash:

Don't know what its like down there for you guys but up here kayak fishing has really just got going. However once people see your posts everyone seems to want a kayak.(especially if you catch some fish). On the Yorkshire coast 1 lad posted a few pictures of the fish he caught and then suddenly there was an armada. I think if you posted about your outings you would sharp have a a few people joining you. If you want some company and dont mind travelling we have a few events up here this summer, and we have plenty of fish for you to catch too. I get the feeling the kayak fishing scene is about to take off right across the country, one of the lads I know has just spent 2 weeks on a kayak fishing tour visiting exmouth and the channel islands, and it sounds like the sport is really kicking off in guernsey.

I dont think you will be on your own for long.

Kayak fishing match

Kayak Fishing Social Weekend

Edited by glennk

JollyJay, looking at the heavy rain smashing into the french doors, driven by a Northerly gale, and I see that Friday or Saturday is looking good! Might be able to get afloat at last?

MaidstoneMike it does look like getting better for the weekend (fingers crossed) where was you thinking of going i've not tried hythe way yet so i'll be looking forward to letting the bass smash a few of my lures :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks JollyJay

Hello Jolly, you will be lucky! A bit early for that yet. I'm hoping to catch plaice, drifiting over the sandbank just off Hythe seafront.

When the Bass are fully in, I will try the Metropol Rocks off the Leas, Folkestone, launching at sandgate. Have a look on google earth or microsoft live search.

Sunday is looking the better day, if the weather is ok, i'm getting afloat for sure.

I park on Hythe seafront as close to the toilets as possible for easy access to the beach.

Fingers crossed.

I like to fish over low tide, 2 hours before to two hours after, roughly, nice and calm, not much tide pull. However, as high is about 0915, and parking would be difficult later in the day, a high tide launch would be fine.

The fresh water run-off from the heavy rain should have dispersed by then, no good fishing until it has. Only eels like those conditions.

Oh, and the mackerel are about! They have been caught off dungy beach.

Edited by maidstonemike

Hello Jolly, you will be lucky! A bit early for that yet. I'm hoping to catch plaice, drifiting over the sandbank just off Hythe seafront.

When the Bass are fully in, I will try the Metropol Rocks off the Leas, Folkestone, launching at sandgate. Have a look on google earth or microsoft live search.

Sunday is looking the better day, if the weather is ok, i'm getting afloat for sure.

I park on Hythe seafront as close to the toilets as possible for easy access to the beach.

Fingers crossed.

I like to fish over low tide, 2 hours before to two hours after, roughly, nice and calm, not much tide pull. However, as high is about 0915, and parking would be difficult later in the day, a high tide launch would be fine.

The fresh water run-off from the heavy rain should have dispersed by then, no good fishing until it has. Only eels like those conditions.

Oh, and the mackerel are about! They have been caught off dungy beach.

Hi Maidstonemike,

You just try and stop me. What rigs and bait will you be trying i will still bring some lures as i caught with them a couple of weeks ago at kingsdown, you never know i could get lucky.

thanks jolly