IS IT GOOD TO MARGIN FISH IN THIS WEATHER?

Chub Frenzy

All i want to know is that if i set up a rod or pole for the margins will i catch anyting.

If you have advice on technique then look at my other topic - Cant remember what its called something to do with margins.

Thanks for replies.

Dear Chub I am assuming you are fishing a commerical for carp....

I would set up a float and fish very tight to the margins preferably close to some reeds or an overhanging tree. I would feed plenty of small pellet and fish pellet on the hook using bait bands. This has worked very well for me, even though I'm generally trying to avoid carp!

Rich

The only time the margins don't work is if its really shallow the sun is up and the water clear or if its really cold when carp particularlly will prefer deep water (thats if there is any deeper water in the lake you fish). as its mild days and nights at the moment i think the advice from Ricahrd is very sound. also if your lake has a marginal shelf this can be a very good spot as this is a feature carp and other fish like.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Fishing marginal shelves can be very productive all year round. This time of year can be very good for carp from dusk and beyond. especially on pressured waters that see a lot of bait going in during the day. Quite often fish will move in to the margin areas at night to pick up spod spill etc. Obviously being quiet is a factor. As always

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Prawns (naturally high in betaine), cheese, paste, bread, corn (regular and strawberry), maggots, casters, peas, cooked pulses, meat, fish....yada....yada....yada. Try anything Chub. Carp have barbules for tasting potential foodstuffs so you might find they'll take something unusual that nobody else is using.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest Brumagem Phil
Prawns (naturally high in betaine), cheese, paste, bread, corn (regular and strawberry), maggots, casters, peas, cooked pulses, meat, fish....yada....yada....yada. Try anything Chub. Carp have barbules for tasting potential foodstuffs so you might find they'll take something unusual that nobody else is using.

Big hunks of cheese are a favourite autumn bait of mine when carping. I've also had tremendous success with really smokey bacon. I use the tesco 'cooking bacon' bits which are not only cheap but seem to be so so smokey, the carp must be able to smell it from the other side of the lake. :D