Sea fishing edinburgh cramond island

Hannes

billy50000000000000000000 where are you ,i pm'd him for you he fished it recently

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

sorry been busy with some company that is deeply in the shite!!:)

i fished it awhile ago and really should have been back but last time i tried the walkway was shut due to works being done on the concrete etc

id say its gonna take a while for them to finish but if your close then check as they may supprise me!:)

as for where`id say fish the rear of the island as the water seems deeper and the rocks are handy to fish from an elavated position from(and pretty comfy)

crabs can be found in low tide by the dozens but putting them on the rig is like putting mash patatoes on a hook:)

as for what i caught,well nothing!!

i got damn cold and had some really good bites but alas i think my rig and hook size need refiddling!

if you go then check for where the rocks are during low tide and pick a good clean casting area as i did and you will have no probs but beware thier are some beasts of rocks out thier !!

thier are three bunkers over the back of the island which are close to the shore(thier are more but these are set well for identifing the spot to fish)

one of the bunkers has a rounded edge to the top of the roof and it stands alone from the rest so head to that and follow the grassy path round the bunker and it will lead to a high peaked grassy rock!

look down and to the right and you will see a pole sticking up on a rock below your postion and make your way down and set up their as its ten foot of water below you from thier and relativly snag free and comfy from most of the wind.

i basically fished thier but you could try going to the main bunker and going down the steps to the lower bit and look left and you will see an area of rock you can go between which leads to a nice area wind free and with seating and you can cast out.

i havnt tried this area yet but it looks good and with the chilling winds that can kick up id say it would be nice!!

but pretty high up from water level,say 10-15ft but i doubt you will catch much that would be hard to lift to your height(could be wrong)but if your carefull you can climb down from here also!

if you do catch here or on the island anywhere let us know!:)

oh yeah,lighting a fire in the rounded roofed bunker is pointless as the draft kills the flames even using rocks i left their to cut the draft!!

weird bunker really as ive never had a problem starting a fire anywhere before and it took me two damn hours to get the damn thing to take!!!

could be ghostys:)lol

if you dont mind a drive then try gullane bents beach!

very nice for photos and some really nice bites!!

check google earth and navigate towards seton sands direction!

Edited by billy50000

sod everyone else,do it anyway:)

sod duck season lets have tvla season!

capita beware(thiefs with badges)

e7b81d_666666.gif

anphotologo.jpg