Ultrasonic tackle cleaning jobbie!

Worms

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/58_5123.htm

Could be a good tool for cleaning all of the crud out of your centre pin?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I might have to get me one of those!

Last time I saw one, I was dunking my samples in it in the electron microscopy suite at Aber, 15 years ago. I bet that one didn't cost £16.99!

I might have to get me one of those!

Last time I saw one, I was dunking my samples in it in the electron microscopy suite at Aber, 15 years ago. I bet that one didn't cost £16.99!

Ditto!

I also used one in an engineering workshop for cleaning engine components, that was a little pricier as well.

I just got mine, I'm going to try a grubby old fly reel in it!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Are they already in store then?

As of today apparently. I just cleaned a couple of items of silver jewellery for the wife (she was impressed) and said fly reel, it did a nice job :thumbs:

I've got one like that, possibly more, and never used it! I must unearth it soon.....

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

They can cause deterioration in rubber and some plastics. Take care if any "O" rings are in the mechanism.

Hi, these are only water-based, not solvent like the commercial types. Apparently you can clean CDs, DVDs, spectacles, watches 'cog-wheels' etc. They are obviously not that powerful but gave a surprisingly good finish on all stuff tried so far.

I may try it with white spirit (not in the kitchen obviously :) ). As with most things any cleaning should be done with the object to be cleaned completely stripped and, as you say any 'flexible' parts put aside.

Thanks for the warning :D

Where I used to work we had one of these for cleaning rubber,plastic and ABS plastic. After awhile it was noticed that some deterioration was taking place. Consequently we stopped using it. I must admit that the items being cleaned were for preservation of life. So the highest standards possible were always in force.