Its Been A While...

Danny K

God its been a while since i was on here !!

Decided to get out all my fishin gear and start fishing again. A little bit of a problem tho my nearest fishery is like 5 miles away and since been a student dont really have money for a car and insurance so ill have to use me bike. But ive got a 5 drawer setbox on ma back and a pole holdall, is this a good idea ?? does anyone else bike to there local fishery ?? How was it ?? :confused:

sitting on a unhooking mate, and strapping a rod and reel to your bike would make thinks a hell of a lot easier mate....just a thought....

when I used to cycle fishing, there would have been no way I could have lugged a pole and seat box around with me....

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

when i was 15 odd i used to bike it to my local smal river to fish for barbel,used to strap the rods to the frmae with my landing net and banksticks,rucky on me back and off you go!

did try it with seat boxes etc no good minamal tackle is the way plus you wouldnt want to fall off carry ing all that gear!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I'm with ratty, when we were kids long straight things got tied to the crossbar, everything else in a rucksack, sit on the grass river bank....don't catch much more now with a car load of cr@p :) It is dangerous carrying too much on a bike anyway, box swings round to the front and makes the bike very unstable.