ESP suits, going out of fashion?

Peter Waller

ESP, eagerly seeking predators, produced an excellent range of Drench Wear last year. I'm over the moon with my set. But on the Auction site lately there have been a number for sale. Hardly worn, as new etc. Why? Is it no longer the suit to be seen in? Brillient bit of kit but will I be laughed off the river bank if I still wear it or has a problem arisen with these excellent garments? Maybe its the drab green, not being camouflage or realtree in design? Strange world we live in :D

Peter Waller:

... camouflage or realtree in design? ...

I've always wondered about that. Advantage Wetlands pattern would blend in with most of your angling venues much better than realtree. So why the fixation on realtree?

Here is an example

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pontoon-boat-advantate.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, over here, Realtree and Advantage are marketed by the same company - Realtree UK. Wetlands is, indeed, a great pattern and it's certainly the one I use most of the time.

Confession; it was me (I write for a couple of shooting publications and came to know these 'new' cammo patterns through them) who urged Realtree UK to push their stuff into the angling market, over two years ago. After pointing the company to a selection of high-profile carpers - Terry Hearn was the first - the stuff has taken off like the proverbial.

Sadly, I lacked the business acumen to claim a consultancy fee for this - but at least I can sit back and say, "I may not catch much - but I helped to turn perfectly normal anglers into clumps of vegetation." Quite a feat, I trust you'll agree.

There's a new pattern coming out - 'Hardwoods Xtra Green' wot's supposed to match our foliage even more closely - so that means we MUST trade in our passe patterns for the latest gear - obviously. :rolleyes:

(I still wish I'd claimed a percentage, though.

:( )

Take it easy,

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Thanx for the clarification about the company Realtree vs. the camo pattern realtree. Makes lots more sense now.

I'd think that any well dressed stalker would be using one of the 3-D designs though.

Like this one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sneakyleafground175.jpg

Which you can make from your present boring, out of date camo by using some of these

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sneakyleafs350.jpg

Just be careful you don't let a dog get too near or you may have a wet leg. :D

[ 05 March 2002, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Newt:

... camouflage or realtree in design? ...

I've always wondered about that. Advantage Wetlands pattern would blend in with most of your angling venues much better than realtree. So why the fixation on realtree?

Here is an example

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

pontoon-boat-advantate.jpg

Hi Newt, where would you put the rod pods or bivvies on this one :D

Well - can't help with the bivvy part but they make rod holders that attach to either side of the seat. I doubt it would be steady enough for bit alarms though. The user would have to actually WATCH HIS ROD(s).

And if you don't like using the oars all the time, there is a mount for an electric motor and a small float designed to hold the battery that will attach to the rear. :)

BTW - you can also get the motor in a camo pattern and there is a little camo cover designed to fit over the battery. And if you need it, they make a gun rack that will fit on nicely as well. This is the US after all. :D:D