What would you like from the weeklies?

Spindle

I stopped buying weeklies and monthlies ages ago.

It doesn,t stop me picking up one in the Newsagents, having a quick glance, confirming that things haven,t improved and putting it back on the shelf.

All of the above comments are very valid.

I really like the Regional Sea Fishing Reports which, in the absence of any real information tell you things like......Cod SHOULD be showing .......EXPECT to catch Whiting......

Anglers buy these publications it would be interesting to see someone post in their defence.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield:

Anglers buy these publications it would be interesting to see someone post in their defence.

I think you've hit upon something with that comment. Although there are people on the internet who buy magazines, obviously, I think that there are two large groups, one at each end of the spectrum, who do one or the other.

There are a lot of anglers buying the weeklies and monthlies, so they must be doing something right. I speak to some of the Editors from time to time and they all care about their sport and their work. In fact, they probably care more about their publications than I do about this site. After all, they rely on their income for it.

The odd thing is that the ones who seem to get the most 'stick' on the internet are the ones that sell the most in the High Street.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You can't get a lot for a pound these days...

All I personally want from the weeklies is:

Match Results

Match Planner

Weather Forecast for the following weekend

Venue Reviews

Tackle Reviews

General angling news

As you have probably guessed, I am actually quite happy with the format as it is at the moment

Good thread, I wonder if any editors are taking note?

I particularly like Spindles idea of readers stories. To my mind, there is too much emphasis in many writers articles on using the right gear, high tech rigs on waters which seem beyond the reach of many Anglers. The back to basics approach of many Anglers would make a refreshing change.

How about an 'ordinary angler' feature. Could a journalist not drop in on a water, have a look around, see who is doing O.K, take a few shots and get a few words. It would be quite encouraging for many, especially kids, to see that the 'ordinary bloke' can do well on ordinary waters with ordinary gear.

Not sure how it would go down with the sponsors though.

Cheers, Adrian

I appreciate the fact that so many copies of them, but I wonder how many are bought simply because they are the only weeklies available? There are only two that I know of (certainly only two that you can wander into whsmiths an buy every week). I know I'm not keen on either of them, but I'm a bit of a magazine addict, and simply find myself buying them for something to do. I can say that I don't enjoy them as much as I would like. That's why I would like to see some improvement.

I don't suppose we can all have our specific angling interests catered for all the time I certainly wouldn't expect that.I have absolutely no interest in match fishing but I did enjoy the Frank Barlow column because of the quality of his writing and his originality.

Martin.