Fuerteventura - Lure Choice + Float Fishing?

Pav

Will be in Fuerteventura Easter time.

Fishing from Corellejo from Harbour area (as it swings around towards the North Track.. although if its flat may get the rod out at Cotillo or along the Track). Will only have the rod out if its calm.

I will be taking a plugging rod so want to take some lures. Any ideas? (I have no idea what fish frequent this coast). I was guessing I'd take some feathers, Silver Bass Wedge and maybe a surface lure?

Also would be nice to drink the local beer and sit back and watch the float. Any idea on what baits? I figure bread for any Mullet that may pass, or fresh prawns / white bait .. left over from feeding the family.

I know about the local regs! , but need a bit of guidance. Just planning on some easy fishing and relaxation! THANKS ;)

Will be in Fuerteventura Easter time.

Fishing from Corellejo from Harbour area (as it swings around towards the North Track.. although if its flat may get the rod out at Cotillo or along the Track). Will only have the rod out if its calm.

I will be taking a plugging rod so want to take some lures. Any ideas? (I have no idea what fish frequent this coast). I was guessing I'd take some feathers, Silver Bass Wedge and maybe a surface lure?

Also would be nice to drink the local beer and sit back and watch the float. Any idea on what baits? I figure bread for any Mullet that may pass, or fresh prawns / white bait .. left over from feeding the family.

I know about the local regs! , but need a bit of guidance. Just planning on some easy fishing and relaxation! THANKS ;)

I have never been to Fuerteventura but have fished in Gran Canaria and Tenerife..I have only ever taken a selection of hooks,weights and line,never lures.The best success i ever had was in Gran Canaria,i fished a rock mark and caught predators upto about 3lb using squid tentacles and strips on a long flowing trace,about 10lb line and a size 6 hook.I have also caught a few mini species using small hooks and light lines.If you are fishing any harbour you will see plenty of mullet,catching them is a different thing though as they are as weary over there as they are here..There may be also some barracuda in the harbour so lures might work.The best advice i can give you is take a little bit of everything you might need,if i was going to take lures i would probably use plastics just because they are light and easy to pack into your case.

Here you go a friend of mine has just returned from a 3 week trip there and he done very well from the shore. Check his report on this link here

Tight lines :)

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

It's a couple of years now since we stayed there, I used to fish off the end of the rocks in Corellejo, I just used a 20g toby at first light this was the fish of the hols, (Bluefish) it shot off like a bullet, how I landed it I don't know, those rock are well slippy lower down.

Had a few small Barracuda there as well.

Good luck

bluefish.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i went to fuerteventura when i was about 10 and went out snorkling and was swimming with a 7+ foot angel shark if your looking to catch some thing big then catch the small little fish with some bread and handline and lip hook one with a small weight and go for them !! good luck