Where to fish for Tench in Northampton & Milton Keynes

stooby

Welcome to Anglers' Net. I don't know that area but did want to say hello to you.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt,

Thank you, and hello to you! I'm new to the site and I hope from what I've read so far it will come in very useful... especially if I catch my first Tench from any recommendations people have!

Cheers,

Stooby...

Sure someone will be along with some local knowledge soon. Bit early for tench, though, I wouldn't expect to fish for them until April at the earliest and more likely May.

Bit early in the year yet and really depends what sort of size of tench.

For lots of Tench you cant beat Napton Reservoir where the majority are around the 3lb mark a great evenings or early morning venue.

For Larger fish Bradwell lake on The MK Book also willen and Caldecott.

Sywell reservoir ( Never fished it personally but it has a reputation for them)

To be honest theres quite a few within a reasonable distance.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Sure someone will be along with some local knowledge soon. Bit early for tench, though, I wouldn't expect to fish for them until April at the earliest and more likely May.

Hows that for soon lol

PS Stooby if you contact me early may/june i'll take you down Napton you have an excellent chance of getting your first tench there. Its day ticket run by coventry angling club.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it! I will have to check out a few of those places.

And depending how I go I might take you up on that offer Terry! Thank you!

I'm just starting out so still finding my feet - but I'm sure I'll get there soon enough

Cheers,

Stooby...