Talkin Tarn.Cumbria

pestguard1

Any hints & tips for this venue,I am going to try and catch my first pike ever..........been fishing river & sea for the past 40 years , but never caught a pike , so this years I am determined.

My wife comes from Carlisle , so I am back and forth from Cumbria a lot, so traveling is not a problem.

Been told there are some good pike in this water......so any help much apreciated.

Brian

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

Any hints & tips for this venue,I am going to try and catch my first pike ever..........been fishing river & sea for the past 40 years , but never caught a pike , so this years I am determined.

My wife comes from Carlisle , so I am back and forth from Cumbria a lot, so traveling is not a problem.

Been told there are some good pike in this water......so any help much apreciated.

Take a look at this previous AN Post - It mentions that it's good for Pike next to the Boat house, but more of a summer venue.... Check out

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Talkin-Tarn-t23708.html

Cheers,

Stooby...

Hello Bri

Can't tell you much about Talkin other than I've heard it has pike perch and roach in there and a smattering of eels

As its outside the controlled area of the "inner lakes" there are'nt any bait restrictions in place so you can use any sea or coarse deads you wish, or lives if permitted

Hello Bri

Can't tell you much about Talkin other than I've heard it has pike perch and roach in there and a smattering of eels

As its outside the controlled area of the "inner lakes" there are'nt any bait restrictions in place so you can use any sea or coarse deads you wish, or lives if permitted

Hi Bri

I fished those other two venues that we mentioned before , and never got so much as a nibble , so either Talkin Tarn or a place near york called Pottery Pond

Brian

(avatar is a 171lb common skate )

caught onboard "Catchalot" with Davy Holt

Potteries Pond is at Strensall to the N/E of York, follow the A19 into York and turn left at the big A64 roundabout and its signposted from there

Theres other places thats worth a go if you're looking at those sorts of distances where your chances are probably better, if you want some venues then I'll send them by Pm

Tees is still the place to go but the recent rains/floods have killed it a bit, was going to go Friday but too much water in the river(flooded) so will have to wait a bit