Spinning rod

Carpman96

• 4 weeks later...

Instead of getting a spinning rod u should get a cheap carp rod,they r lite and have a good action and the mackarel give a fantastic fight on them,and u can cast heavy lures like Nordic Herrings(which are absolutely deadly for mackarel wher i live) a good distance without worrying about putting too much pressure on your rod.

I just use a crappy kingfisher 12ft blank and it hasn't failed me yet!!! :)

Hope this has helped you out a bit m8

Tight Lines,

Nick

Why not get this of Elton http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/cheap-fishing-...d/prod_359.html

Not bad for the price and can be kept in the back of your car, caravan, sidecar or whatever.

Works now

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Theres plenty of nice spinning rods in your price bracket. Have you thought about what size you want ?? The shakespeare ugly sticks come quite cheap these days but in my opinion they are a little floppy. For spinning I prefer something with a stiffer action and able to cast upto 2 ounce. I would suggest having a look through the websites of places like glasgow angling centre or gerrys of morecombe. I also know Whitby angling centre do some excellent deals. For £30 you will get something worth having but I would stay clear of the bargain basement stuff.