Lake Windermere Coarse Fishing? What can I expect...

TeAl

TeAl, Hi if you are fishing in the summer, try up at the north end of the lake on the road side there is a petrol station/marina, just south of this there is a field with a stone boat house, try fishing a feeder with maggot/bread and plenty of groundbait by the boathouse, in front of you will be several anchored boats sitting in 20ft of water, there is often a HUGE shoal of roach in this area, mostly in the 3/4 lb stamp.You may also pick up perch on worm in this area but they are more predominant around the boat jettys.

Good fishing.

Thanks for all the advice. I will be fishing right beside a stoneboat house, to the right there is a lot of jettys and in front there are some big yachts moored up. I think there should be fish there :)

William

I will let you know how I get on in 4 months time!

Doddy,

If it's Char you want get down to Bala Lake North Wales for the Gwyniad "look like herring".

Dragonbat boys planning a trip soon.

We always catch at least one between us at this time of year and my mucker Dave Walker has the record for best catch ever on rod and line.

:D:D

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

I spoke to a couple of the locals last summer at Windermere & they said that the Roach numbers have increased dramatically over the last few years, I suspect location will be your biggest problem on a lake this size. The spot Lurefreak suggests sounds like a good place to start.