Bargain baitrunners

tincatinca

Just got these two beauties from e-bay for the princely sum of £55 plus carriage. They are in near mint condition with spare spools and also have the additional benefit of a fighting drag at the front of the spool which takes a third of a turn from free running to full lock dependant on how the spool is set in the first instance. The front clutch as on these early Shimanos is excellent being very smooth. The line lay is not so good however for what I want them for this does not matter. If you are not over concerned with distance these early 3500s are an excellent tool and ultra reliable. These particular reels have been specifically bought for float fishing for Bream and Tench at a particular water which may sound over the top to some but will I believe be absolutely ideal. I also use the same model reels but without the fighting drag function on all my Tench/Bream bottom rods having changed from more recent models some time ago. I know tha they are not everyones cup of tea but for anyone who is looking for a quality reel at a reasonable price without all the hype then the early 3500s are well worth considering and there are bargains still to be had.