commercial fisheries

Peter M

To be honest i may just observe my own close season do something else in April. actually i bought a fly start kit a couple of years ago but the only fly fishing round my way is comercial fishing for trout and that does not inspire me either. thank god my club opens on 1st May for those who do at least one work party so only a couple of weeks to go.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

To be honest i may just observe my own close season do something else in April. actually i bought a fly start kit a couple of years ago but the only fly fishing round my way is comercial fishing for trout and that does not inspire me either. thank god my club opens on 1st May for those who do at least one work party so only a couple of weeks to go.

Have you tried the Warren at stanford-le-hope ? While being day ticket it's club run, not being run commercially, the swims are much better spread than most commercials, and if you walk around the back and well away from the car park, you can usually find some peace and quiet.

The fishing isn't bad either!

Mat

Mat

The Warren! its been a few years since i fished the Warren since i moved up to Harlow but yes its is a nice water. a mate of mine lives near stanford so want to try and get him involved in having a go at the back lake which i have not fished but is meant to have a few tench in.

take a look at my blog

Nobody is forced to fish where they don't want when they are paying...so its your choice.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Nobody is forced to fish where they don't want when they are paying...so its your choice.

i notice you are in sudbury i would like to fish the suffolk stour in the new season are there any good bits on day ticket?

take a look at my blog

depends what you are after, there are rumoured large Catfish in the weirpool, and barbel over 11lbs have been caught in the Stour (2006) ref: barbel records http://www.barbel.co.uk/site/articles/riverrecords.htm, some very nice chub over 6lb, Roach over 3lbs and Dace, Rudd, naturally a good head of bream over 7lbs, some crucians, perch over 4lbs, Tench over 4lbs sorry if the details are a bit sketchy contact John Weddup on here is very involved with the Stour around Sudbury and can put you right on the areas day ticket fishing

Here are a couple of threads 'Suffolk Stour Chub', 'big roach/upper Stour' of the many on anglers net.

The Warren! its been a few years since i fished the Warren since i moved up to Harlow but yes its is a nice water. a mate of mine lives near stanford so want to try and get him involved in having a go at the back lake which i have not fished but is meant to have a few tench in.

It's stuffed with Tench, mainly 3-5lb sort of size, can get busy at weekends in the summer, but is great if you can get there midweek.

Avoid small baits if you are after the tench, it also has some huge shoals of small roach ;)

Mat

Mat

And shoals of 2lb plus roach