Umbrella woes

Guest Big G

Guest Big G

On my last trip out I visited an open reservoir, admittedly it was quite windy (but I have seen worse) my Korum umbrella was pegged down at the back using the sewn in eyelets, before I had even started fishing it just folded like a pancake, the spokes have twisted spiral like, and it's now useless. I experienced other problems, mainly with the centre pole, when it was packed away it left about 2 inches sticking out, which made hard work extracting it next time out, if you left enough out to get hold of then it wouldn't go back in the bag! Also it's the type you can unscrew and re-position at the back - very fiddly.

Has anyone else had this problem? I contacted Korum and they have told me to take it back to the shop, so they can return it to them and they can check it and possibly send me another (I will give it away)

Any suggestions for a good strong alternative?

Guest Big G

Going to go and have a look today, if I can find one of the older types with the metal spokes, and the old tilt mechanism then I will have one of those I think. And a damn sight cheaper hopefully than the £60 I paid for the Korum model.

Going to go and have a look today, if I can find one of the older types with the metal spokes, and the old tilt mechanism then I will have one of those I think. And a damn sight cheaper hopefully than the £60 I paid for the Korum model.

the prices of some things are absolutely shocking, the only thing ive ever splashed out on was a chair at £60, ive never spent huge bucks on brollys cause ive lost a few too wind.

if you think you could do without a brolly and go for a shelter then id recommend one of these http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3250682.htm

bit a pain setting it up for the first time and cut my self first attempt but its easy now and has a seperate ground sheet i never use, hate having to clean it. after my mate sen mines he went and got one himself nearly costing him his relationship with the missus :D

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

I wouldn't pay 60 quid for a brolly. I've seen far too many brollies turn inside out, regardless of the price. I don't how it happens some of the time either. Most times I've sen it happen, the wind drops very suddenly for a second and then boom, the brolly seemingly explodes/implodes...whatever.

Tenner....Argos....if it happens again. Not that big a deal.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest Big G

I have also been looking at some of the shelter/brolly type contraptions - ideal on the reservoir but pointless on the banks of the Teme. I am also going to opt for a smaller size this time - they are not as clumsy!

I have had my wave-lok nu-brollie made by steadfast I think since 1982 its very heavy but totally stable and never been a problem other than the weight which I now do find to be a problem...age and health beat me.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Guest Chris Perch
I have had my wave-lok nu-brollie made by steadfast I think since 1982 its very heavy but totally stable and never been a problem other than the weight which I now do find to be a problem...age and health beat me.

Yes I agree nu- brollie ive had mine years and never had a problem!

A friend of mine got one of the cheap brollys from argos a spell back and for 20 ripp's you can't knock it. It even had a guid line and peg included. The draw back was it's only 45 inch and I like to use at least 50 inch (but I'm gonna get one and puty up with the smaller size). If it blows inside out or blows away after a good few sessions then it's less of a sickener. Another good thing about it was the fact that it's very light and ideal to take to distant swims down the river etc.

My Argos brolly blew inside out but I'd buy another, no problem. It got wrecked on that day last year, when I got stuck in the mud in my waders. That was an exceptionally bad day though and the wind was blowing like hell in all directions.

I've been using a freebie brolly my mate gave me and it's been OK for a session here 'n there but it would stand up to much more than a stiff breeze.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...