So Frustrating

mant01

Went to Pool Bridge Farm yesterday and spent 11 hours straight fishing and blanked. People around me were catching on the pole but whatever I did gave no results. I tried feeder fishing with all kinds of baits, float fishing on bottom and mid-level, using a surface controller with fake corn etc. Everything I could think of and yet the guys around me could catch on the pole with the same bait as me.

It was really windy so I know they would get better presentation but using a open ended feeder should of sorted that out. I just couldnt work out why everyone else was getting ok results yet I never got a touch.

Any ideas??

Went to Pool Bridge Farm yesterday and spent 11 hours straight fishing and blanked. People around me were catching on the pole but whatever I did gave no results. I tried feeder fishing with all kinds of baits, float fishing on bottom and mid-level, using a surface controller with fake corn etc. Everything I could think of and yet the guys around me could catch on the pole with the same bait as me.

It was really windy so I know they would get better presentation but using a open ended feeder should of sorted that out. I just couldnt work out why everyone else was getting ok results yet I never got a touch.

Any ideas??

were you fishing for silvers if so it could be wrong peg or hook length to big a hook maybe or just a bad day

Any ideas??

Could just be one of those days mate. I had the same thing on Sunday, got to Holt Fleet Fishery at 5.30 am and left at 6.00 pm and did'nt have a bite. I just think we had a strange weekend, there was a big drop in temperature from Saturday to Monday, this may have affected the fishing.

Chin up, go back next weekend and put your ming at ease. You don't always have to do somthing wrong to have a bad day, it's just the nature of the game.

Thanks, Dave

Any ideas??

Hi mant01,

If the Pole anglers where fishing off the bottom and with the float perfectly still, that may have been the reason. You can fish this way more easily with a Pole.

If the Pole anglers where instilling the occasional movement by gently raising and lowering the bait back down again, that could have also been the reason, and is often done to induce bites on the Pole.

If the Pole anglers where able to use better shot/style patterns, lighter & smaller hook lengths/hooks and more sensitive floats enabling them to see delicate movements then that may also have been the reason.

If the Pole anglers were able to concentrate their feed in a tighter area under the pole tip using a pole-cup then that may also have been the reason.

It could have been any combination of things, especially if the Carp are frequently caught and are wised up.

Compared to the Pole; the feeder is usually no match as far as presentation goes, especially if the fish are feeding within Pole range and the water is not too shallow and clear.

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)