Who now own's this Ribble stretch?

Hey guys.

I was just wondering if anyone knows who now runs the shawes arms stretch of the river ribble near the church deeps stretch. I had heard it was up for sale and then that someone had got it but don't know who. I was told by my local tackle shop that warrington angling association had it but can't find any info about it anywhere or anything on their website to say the had it.

Im really wanting to go night fishing down there in the new season but don't have a clue who has it.

Any help is much appreciated.

:thumbs:

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Hey guys.

I was just wondering if anyone knows who now runs the shawes arms stretch of the river ribble near the church deeps stretch. I had heard it was up for sale and then that someone had got it but don't know who. I was told by my local tackle shop that warrington angling association had it but can't find any info about it anywhere or anything on their website to say the had it.

Im really wanting to go night fishing down there in the new season but don't have a clue who has it.

I keep finding little bits and bobs...dont know how much use there are to you as I don't know the area

http://www.southportangling.co.uk/ribble.php

I keep finding little bits and bobs...dont know how much use there are to you as I don't know the area

http://www.southportangling.co.uk/ribble.php

Thanks but that stretch shown there is the opposite bank to what used to be the free stretch. I'm aware that it has been club controlled for some time but the other bank has been free for as long as i can remember. I used to fish it when i was very young with my dad and brothers. It's a shame it has been taken but if i can find out who got it i suppose i will have to start paying. Although im not happy about it. :(

Wish i could find some more info but its just not there as far as i can see.

I think that length might be on a Preston Centre day ticket. Go in Ted Carters and ask.

Yeah will see what they say. Will have to try hard not to buy anything more while im in there though. Always so many tempting things.

As far as I know it is free from the shaws arms bridge up to the tickled trout on the Preston side but I read somewhere it's recently been taken over by a club. There's always the Tickled trout stretch...I think it's either 3 squid or a fiver.

As far as I know it is free from the shaws arms bridge up to the tickled trout on the Preston side but I read somewhere it's recently been taken over by a club. There's always the Tickled trout stretch...I think it's either 3 squid or a fiver.

Been reading up on the tickled trout stretch as for some reason i've never fished it. It does sound great but knowing the area quite well im hoping it isnt just full of drunks and chavs making noise and leaving litter. Thinking i might give it a go after the first rush of the new season. Are you allowed to night fish there?

Hey guys.

Bay Maltton Angling Club I believe.

"March 17th 2010

2.6 miles of the River Ribble

Good News! The Committee of the Baymalton Angling Club have successfully tendered for 2.6 miles of the River Ribble at Preston. More details to follow. This stretch, noted for its Barbel and Game fishing, will be open for members to fish in June."

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Bay Maltton Angling Club I believe.

"March 17th 2010

2.6 miles of the River Ribble

Good News! The Committee of the Baymalton Angling Club have successfully tendered for 2.6 miles of the River Ribble at Preston. More details to follow. This stretch, noted for its Barbel and Game fishing, will be open for members to fish in June."

Ah i see. Will be taking a look at that. Cheers :thumbs:

Ah i see. Will be taking a look at that. Cheers :thumbs:

i know the south ribble bank is owned by a club southport i think , but im not sure if its that side that has been taken over by the new club or if its the preston side which i belkive used to or still is owned by the council ,

i know the south ribble bank is owned by a club southport i think , but im not sure if its that side that has been taken over by the new club or if its the preston side which i belkive used to or still is owned by the council ,

Baymalton Angling Club is what i was told by one of the lads in Carter's and i think you will find the 2.6 miles fits with Walton bridge to Brockholes bridge. I don't think the Southport length would make a miles would it?

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep